Is this a rare truck?: Silver '06 RC

It looks that way (rare). . . . I'd like to see the door sticker stating the factory paint code. I know there were "other" colors produced as exports. To my knowledge only three (well four) colors were offered in 06.

Standard Black (non-metallic)
Brilliant Black (metallic)
Inferno Red
Dark Grey

Cool find!! And bright silver looks damn good on the 06! :cool:

Edit: I just noticed it doesn't have 06 badges (doesn't mean anything really. Just an observation). I wonder if it's a repaint . . . ?

Last edited:
hum it has the door emblem from an 2004/2005 but the fenders and lights from 2006. and i do think silver is one of the more rare colors. i think i remember 208 05 rc in silver.

Yeah, I didn't notice the badges at first, but it seems like a total repaint would be a lot of work for not much reward--like why would someone go to all that trouble. I wonder if some of the early '06s got the '05 badges. Case in point, here's a black '06 currently on Autotrader with early badges:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1468

So I guess we now have two minor mysteries:

#1--How many silver '06s were sold domestically?
#2--Did early production '06s get the '05 badges?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge there were not any bright silver metallic trucks made in 06. The badging all around is that of the 04 and 05. Which does not mean anything, just badging. But the interior of that truck is definitely an 06. I could see possibly redoing the fenders and grille to make it look like an 06 but not the interior. Too much of an expenditure, dash, door panels, and seats.

My guess is the truck is an 06 repaint and they used the emblems from the 05 model year instead of the 06 in the process.

less than 800 total 06's were produced. making them the rarest

Does anyone remember the Chuck Norris "Walker Texas Ranger" movie?
He had a silver quad cab and if I remember right it was an 06.

So we have several votes for a repaint. In photo #8 of the truck you can just see the passenger side door jam, and it appears to also be silver. So here's my question to all suggesting a repaint: Why on Earth would someone go to the trouble of tearing a truck apart enough to totally repaint the truck including the jams (and possibly under the hood, although we can't see this in the ad). If the truck was in an accident or something, wouldn't it make far more sense for the body shop to repaint it the stock color instead of going to substantial extra expense and trouble?

My vote or theory is that this is a very early production 2006 model that somehow slipped through with silver paint. Any other takers?

i just ran the vin through chrysler system. it is a 06 silver r/c srt10. looks like it was a chrysler vehicle. yes it is a rare one. probably the only one

According to the production totals spreadsheet post there were 8 QCs and 6 RCs done in silver for 06. Do we know if this spreadsheet is accurate?

damn if i knew the wife would not freak out that dog would be mine ,,,:p

I have the spread sheet too, the silver models on it are supposed to have gone to "other markets" as exports. Perhaps this one was scheduled to be exported and then somehow was sold domestically? This could be the only 2006 silver regular cab sold domestically...:dontknow:

Last edited:
I ran the VIN and it is in fact an '06. Man I'd like to have that one if it's unmolested.
Ram.jpg

WoW....................WHO F'ING CARES..........! DAMN!

GOOD FIND AND FUN READING :) <<--default smiley as this is a flippin joke.

makes sense...it WAS exported to canada, according to the vin decoder.

Carefully step away from the fake color!!!! :D But it's certainly nice to see what could have been. For '04 silver was the rarest color. Then for '05 a little over 200 silver RC's were made.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back