its a sad day

pirateman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have lost one of our own. I recieved a call last night about 7:00pm, Woody Woodruff, a member here, died on the scene after losing control of his 2004 srt 10. Woody, age 64, had endured a lot of trauma in his life, but was always happy and upbeat and knew no strangers. He had survived vietnam, where he was shot and exposed to agent orange which had caused medical problems for him later in life. Years ago, he was shot by intruders in his home,but woody was never a complainer or whiner, he enjoyed life to the fullest. I dont think he new the meaning of fear.He was going through an ordeal now where his kidneys were only functioning about 25 percent and he was suppose to go to the doctor today for the results of the tests he had done about 10 days ago.But never a complaint. His biggest concern was what was next on his to do list to the truck. If anyone has ever enjoyed and loved one of these trucks it was woody.I had just got through rebuilding his engine 2 weeks ago , complete with diamond pistons, eagle rods, balanced, put his roe s/c back on , he was as thrilled as if he was 20 yrs. old again. I almost wish that I had never done it. I know a lot of people , but have very few real friends, woody was my best friend. My father passed away a few years ago, and woody reminded me alot of him, I feel like he kind of filled in for him. If i didnt see woody eveyday then we talked on the phone. His wife mary is devastated, because if there was ever any meaning to the word soulmates , they were the perfect example, they lived for each other. If woody had anything that he loved more than the truck, it would have been his boxer, princess, I watched last night as the dog ran to the gate everytime a car pulled up looking for woody. Life can change in a split second. I want to remind everyone how quick these trucks can turn around and bite you. I ask everyone to keep mary and princess in your prayers.Our world will never be the same without him. mark sloan

I will know more about marys needs later today and i will keep everyone posted , thanks

Man, I am so sorry to here about this. I offer up prayers for Woody and family!
Sounds like he enjoyed life.

great story , great man. Pitty for Woody , big loss for our forum friends.Let us remember him as here declared. A example to live as. May god reward him.

Last edited:
So sorry for the loss of a good man, and a forum family member.

His family will be in our prayers....

Mark, we will help Mary in any way we can...please keep us informed.

RIP Woody..Our condolences to Mary and family..

I wish Woody's family the best in this time of need...and all his friends I am sorry for your loss....sounds like Woody was a great guy.....I wish I could have known him...:(

Mark, count me in if we can do anything (flowers,donations,etc)
This is terrible news RIP Woody

Rest In Peace, Friend... May God keep you, and bless your family and friends in this time of darkness.

I believe this is our first loss of a forum member.... Mark, if you could, please send Jack or Patrick a picture of Woody (if you have one).... I would like to formally request the Admins please post this picture on the front page, for 1 week, in Memoriam.

So very sorry for your loss.

- Jake and Sarah

Black1 said:
Rest In Peace, Friend... May God keep you, and bless your family and friends in this time of darkness.

I believe this is our first loss of a forum member.... Mark, if you could, please send Jack or Patrick a picture of Woody (if you have one).... I would like to formally request the Admins please post this picture on the front page, for 1 week, in Memoriam.

So very sorry for your loss.

- Jake and Sarah

now i support that idea :rock:

very very sad. RIP Woody, and my condolences to his family.

thanks prof., i will be in touch with everyone tommorow, today has been hectic, Mary dont know what to do. He really loved his truck and this site, he didnt post alot but was on it everyday. I would like the vtcoa to do something for mary , flowers , something? just to let her know that woody belonged to another family also. thanks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back