JTSV Electric fan conversion

spartan_chaz

Reaction score
I was looking into buying this conversion. My questions are. 1. is it worth forking over the cash for this conversion? and 2. will it give any better reliability over just getting the upgraded power steering lines?

you would be better off just getting the lines sir, the oem fan works perfectly the only reason to change is if yours goes out, no performance gains at all

you would be better off just getting the lines sir, the oem fan works perfectly the only reason to change is if yours goes out, no performance gains at all

Tony, does it free up any weight or space under the hood?

The factory one just looks so gigantic and heavy.

yeah i greatly appreciate the truth! guess ill put it off until that motor goes then lol. Now just have to decide if i want to get something else fun for this truck :dontknow:

yeah i greatly appreciate the truth! guess ill put it off until that motor goes then lol. Now just have to decide if i want to get something else fun for this truck :dontknow:

pretty slammed this evening, but give me a call Monday, we got tons and tons of fun stuff in the shop, hell if nothing else we will def make ya laugh a little:D

no efan i ever seen is more reliable than OEM. To me having reliability is more important than anything. Especially after experiencing an after market efan controller failure two years in a row and a huge cruising event and various other times. I since went with OEM efans. While i do have a different platform, same reasons apply. However, this is a great option especially for a rare vehicle. It's good to see options out there.:rock:

I believe the JMB electric fan conversion uses a factory Viper e-fan.

--CC

Thanks for the response guy! I ordered the power steering lines and oil lines from JTS performance yesterday so hope they get here soon! Does anyone have a write up on how to replace both of these?

The instructions are pretty good. I did a write-up on how to install the steering lines. Lots of pictures and good tips. I did not install the oil lines- I had a tech do them while my truck was getting an alignment.

Thanks for the response guy! I ordered the power steering lines and oil lines from JTS performance yesterday so hope they get here soon! Does anyone have a write up on how to replace both of these?

They come with instructions and are quite easy to do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back