JTSVP Tranny review!

1fast10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we got it installed tonight. Troy and I did it in about 2 hours. Just drove it home form the shop and it works great. I dont want to give too much information yeat cause I havent broken it in yet. But I will tell you I got every upgraded internal part you can think of MINUS THE BIG TICKET BILLET ITEMS such as the shafts and the Torque Converter. A little too expensive for my blood. However hindsight is 20/20 and I should of had my shafts cryoed.

Now on to the Tranny. I immediately noticed that it is much more efficiant over stock. Example stock Tranny 3000rpm @ 80mph, compared to JTS Tranny 2600rpm at 80mph. Can't do too much with it now as I am taking it easy for 250 miles of so to break it in right.

So for those of you that need your Tranny's rebuilt or upgraded talk to Tony @ JTS first before you spend 7,000 elsewhere.

More to come!

HAHAHAHA!!! Well I'm down but not on Wes' truck it's toooo clean!

Side note... Try and post something about the tranny also lol

Stop playing with the shaft on the tranny and just put it in :D

On a serious note, how much more would it have been to have the shafts cryoed?

.....Now on to the Tranny. I immediately noticed that it is much more efficiant over stock. Example stock Tranny 3000rpm @ 80mph, compared to JTS Tranny 2600rpm at 80mph....

Umm....so either you changed out your rear gear or changed out the overdrive planetary to a different ratio. Is that what you did?

Plus, if you have the stock gears, stock tire height, 3000 RPM should be 90mph. I'm not sure why you would have been only at 80mph at 3000rpm before. If the tranny was slipping that much, it would have burned up in around 10-20 miles.

No I didnt do anything to the gears the overdrive planetary could very well have been changed. But yes my Tranny was very bad man. I dont know how long it held up as it did. I just gave an EXAMPLE those may not be exact numbers but very very vey... (did i say very?) dang close. By the time I got in got showered and had time to post it had been a couple hours. But I know for 100% sure that the old tranny was 3000rpms @ 80mph. Later on today i'll get in the truck and document with pics the difference. From the sound of you post you sound maybe bitter or offensive? hopefully I've done nothing to upset you...

Well booo on u pete boooo on pete booo booo bad petey
An no i aint tellin ya what i did to your tranny lolol
Booo on pete
Btw u had no clutches left lolol

No I didnt do anything to the gears the overdrive planetary could very well have been changed. But yes my Tranny was very bad man. I dont know how long it held up as it did. I just gave an EXAMPLE those may not be exact numbers but very very vey... (did i say very?) dang close. By the time I got in got showered and had time to post it had been a couple hours. But I know for 100% sure that the old tranny was 3000rpms @ 80mph. Later on today i'll get in the truck and document with pics the difference. From the sound of you post you sound maybe bitter or offensive? hopefully I've done nothing to upset you...

Nope, not bitter, defensive, or anything. Just tryin' to figure out what you had done -- not trying to be an ass or anything. Maybe it's just in my nature :D

Ok WOT just checking buddy. I hate having enemys. I can handle harsh people as long as theyre not against me. With out revealing too much partly because I dont know hahahaha I can promise you that the tranny runs way more efficiantly. Is it becasue the JTS tranny is the best tranny for the money or is it because mine was straight crap??? I honestly dont know... But it was well worth it. and I havent even added the TC

This is all good stuff. Hopefully we will get these tranny's figured out before these vehicles are 10 years old and have 200K miles on them, lol.

It would be awesome if Stink becomes the SRT-10 tranny supplier of choice.

Back