just bought a 6 thousand dollar moter that is junk.

Book time is 13.7 hours. Our shop would charge around $1400 for an r&r.

either way, 1400 isn't "a few thousand"

They are doing it twice now, I guess that's where the couple thousand is coming from. Either way it sucks for the OP.

either way, 1400 isn't "a few thousand"

it is when it's 2 times in & out.

thats what I am guessing he is talking about.

I'mnot 100% on who pays what, but they should do some kind of check to the engines before they say for sale.

That is not a get out of jail free card if the mechanic got the parts. If the customer opts for used parts regardless of whether or not we supplied them, there is no labor warranty. We make it abundantly clear that it is a roll of the dice going with used parts and in some cases, like this one, you lose.

Then I run my shop totally different.........

Then you're not making as much money as you could.........

LMAO!!!!!! Hey VPRPWRD you are VERY VERY right bro. Thats probley why people like you and i dont come on to a forum bashing a HUGE company over a thousand bucks....WE ACCUALLY MAKE GOOD MONEY hahahahhaha :cheers:

Nope thats not the problem, First of all I have paid a thousand dollars to get it put in, they are saying i need to send it back and they will send me another one that I have to pay a thousand dollars to get put in. Thats what I have a problem with.

Few thousand????? I never said it costed a few thousand...... "A" read closer

Few thousand????? I never said it costed a few thousand...... "A" read closer

I know how you feel buddy. I got screwed by honda on a brand new car & the trans went out. they did not honor it.

cost me 4000.00 out of my pocket for a trans. I know a guy who owns a trans shop so labor didnt kill me. suv had 3000 miles on it and they would not cover anything. it sucks being the one taking it on the chin, trust me I know.

And back then I didnt have the job I do now. So I was saving for the trans, making a car payment & insurance. I keep the bill to tell myself never another honda ever again.

I guess just get another engine from this place. have it checked out before install. Maybe they can rush it to you in nature of the problem at hand with the other engine.

every shop i have EVER been to in the last 15 years has stood by the policy that parts that the customer supplied are NOT warrantied by us... ergo, if your **** is junk and breaks... we aren't liable...

but what do i know...

Most shops will not even touch something a customer brings in anymore, due to this problem.

Most tire places around here will not mount & balance if you did not buy the tire from them. even if it is brand new.

I do agree with what you are saying it's true.

There is always someone orchestrating the repair. If you pay the repair shop to purchase a replacement engine and install it and it fails then they are 100% responsible. If you decide to take responsibility to purchase the engine then the repair shop is not responsible if it doesn't work. I believe that you agree with this but are caught in a bind because you believed that you were purchasing a good engine. I would find fault in the company that sold you the engine and would try to work with them on some form of discount since the "good" engine that you purchased was indeed bad. At a minimum they should cover the shipping costs of another engine and the return shipping of the bad engine. If you "work" with them perhaps they might consider a partial refund of the original engine costs to help offsett the additional labor costs. As my father said you catch more flies with honey then with %#it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back