Just bought my most expensive dream yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Family

Welcome, and Don't forget Pics when you get the Truck home ...

SD2005Dustin said:
No way I'll get it here by saturday. hahaha... I can't really drive it, it would take too long. I have a Wife that'd be stuck with a newborn(2months old girl) and my 20 month old terror protoge hahaha. I'm gonna go closed transport, but I will hit her up about commin to fontana... What time on Saturday.

just a heads up, i drove my viper from an hour north of chicago to phoenix.

got on a plane 7am monday morning and was home at 8:15pm tuesday the following day.

i'll go get it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad owns a trucking company in Indiana and he told me not to go open transport used closed trailer. Which I will, like he said, for the extra 700 bucks its worth it if this is gonna be my baby... I'd hate to get it here and find some BS scratch marks from rocks flying up and hitting it. I use to have a bike before I had two babies and if you've ever ridden behind a semi, you'll know what it feels like to be pelted by a million rocks, not to mention my baby being on that trailer with the semi flicking rocks up 2000 miles across country. I'll post some pics below.

SD2005Dustin said:
My dad owns a trucking company in Indiana and he told me not to go open transport used closed trailer. Which I will, like he said, for the extra 700 bucks its worth it if this is gonna be my baby... I'd hate to get it here and find some BS scratch marks from rocks flying up and hitting it. I use to have a bike before I had two babies and if you've ever ridden behind a semi, you'll know what it feels like to be pelted by a million rocks, not to mention my baby being on that trailer with the semi flicking rocks up 2000 miles across country. I'll post some pics below.

I have had good luck shipping open, there is usually some covering on the trailers side's. The reason I did was a long haul trucker who delivers cars/trucks to the dealerships said it's always about 95% open, the biggest danger for any damage is with the load and unload. I would spend the extra $700 on mods.

I'm not gonna go into the motor on this, I want to find one wrecked eventually and set it up as a sleeper i.e. strip viper emblems, build motor, etc... this one I'll probably just do the shocks, intake, exhaust, program&Dyno tune...

I can get it shipped to you open or closed, but I wouldnt pay the extra for closed. If you wanted it shipping today, I should be able to have it there by next wednesday. Runs $800 total fully insured door to door service if your interested. I have access to many companies that are great. Thanks, Robert (817)992-8068

Greetings from Colbert WA. Welcome, I deal in classic cars and ship alot. most cars I ship enclosed because I want the person receiving the car happy. for a little extra its worth it. Way to many bad stories on open transports.I only deal with DAS (dependable auto shippers) Im sure there are others but I have never had a bad deal.

34bud said:
Greetings from Colbert WA. Welcome, I deal in classic cars and ship alot. most cars I ship enclosed because I want the person receiving the car happy. for a little extra its worth it. Way to many bad stories on open transports.I only deal with DAS (dependable auto shippers) Im sure there are others but I have never had a bad deal.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back