Just bought one of these beasts

the wing protects the back window and limits the load !! put it back! enjoy the red button.

On the "wings" of love in this forum huh?

No worries, this isn't my first forum go round. I traded a Caddy CTS in on the beast. Those purist loons in the Caddy forum lost their damn minds when i painted the grille body color!

The wing is not for me. I wanted a vehicle that looks tough/went fast and was a world away from my Caddy. Mission accomplished. Was looking into JGCSRT8 but the $$$ was insane for used examples and my local dealer had this Viper Truck on the lot. Didn't know (had never heard of) anything about this truck. Test Drive sealed it. Dealer bent over backwards paid me WAY to much for the CTS. Done deal. Couldn't be happier.

Flame suit on :evil:

Stopped by the Dealer last night. They have a 05 QC on the lot had to take this "Twins" shot...
TWins.jpg

Welcome! You know, there is a "wing relocation kit" that comes with the SRT 10.......:burnout: Enjoy your stay.

you bring up a good point, in the original build video, 40min, they said you could take the wing off, and put it on the front of the bed somehow.
i know mine does no have that feature, where can i get it?

you bring up a good point, in the original build video, 40min, they said you could take the wing off, and put it on the front of the bed somehow.
i know mine does no have that feature, where can i get it?

It is a "kit" that came with the truck. It includes two brackets, hardware, a spintight, instructions, all in a draw string pouch. May be check with a Mopar vendor to see if this kit is listed as a part and can be purchased. Also, because it is relatively small, it may be stashed somewhere you never looked. :dontknow:

It is a "kit" that came with the truck. It includes two brackets, hardware, a spintight, instructions, all in a draw string pouch. May be check with a Mopar vendor to see if this kit is listed as a part and can be purchased. Also, because it is relatively small, it may be stashed somewhere you never looked. :dontknow:

my truck didnt even have the manual.
will have to keep my eyes open for one.

Welcome to the Viper Truck Club of America! My truck came from the factory with the Tonneau cover and wing too. Removed the tonneau cover and sold it. If My truck had a wing on it, i'd have removed it too. I use it like a truck.

And, The wing was added to the 2004 RC SRT-10 because it helped Dodge attain the title as the fastest truck ever made. It does provide downforce and helps keep the truck planted at 150+ speeds. Not like your going to spend a lot of time that fast, or anyone else here for that matter.

Re; The Wing.......

First, Welcome to the club!

My rare .02 worth...

I will from time to time do some "spirited" drives on a favorite divided hwy through some mountain passes. Average speed through the turns and sweeper's can vary from 90-140+. Even at 90+, the wing definately provides firm downforce on the back end. The whole truck just "Sucks Down" to the ground and improves the handling. The matched downforce from the front and rear actually allow you to get into the sweet spot of the springs. This could very well be why the SRT team has the rear slightly higher than the front. The truck totally levels out at speed and has a very precise and planted feel.

Keep the wing if you are going to drive it like it was meant to be driven:D

Welcome to the Viper Truck Club of America! My truck came from the factory with the Tonneau cover and wing too. Removed the tonneau cover and sold it. If My truck had a wing on it, i'd have removed it too. I use it like a truck.

And, The wing was added to the 2004 RC SRT-10 because it helped Dodge attain the title as the fastest truck ever made. It does provide downforce and helps keep the truck planted at 150+ speeds. Not like your going to spend a lot of time that fast, or anyone else here for that matter.

don't listen to QC guys, they basically have hopped up minivans.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back