Just got home from the hospital

1qksrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im busy doing honey do,s-Triming trees & shrubs out back ,reached out to yank a vine out,when I heard a pop noise and felt this unbelivable pain at base of my back.I was down for the count!!!. I stayed in that position for a little while,until I could catch my breath and yell out to my wife(Eva).
Ambulance ride to the hospital,xrays and some serious muscle relaxers later,
Im back home.Now bed rest more pills and wait for follow up visit!!:nurse:
Possibly blew out a disc!!:dontknow: :dontknow: :eek: :eek:
DAMN WEEDS-they,ll get you every time!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I really won,t know what the damage is for awhile and let me tell you this
really hurts(and I have a high tolerance for pain)
Be careful out there,You never know!!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't have been doing labor on the Sabbath! ;)

/Hope you're feeling better soon!! The pills should help do the trick!

Damn Mickey,that's way not kool !!!Or is that the Ghost of Hemi Present haunting your azz for getting away from it while it was trying to eat you yesterday ??:D :D Anyways,take tomorrow off and relax !!! It's Hell when you hit 29,I'm telling ya !!:rock: Take Care Bro !!!

1qksrt said:
Im busy doing honey do,s-Triming trees & shrubs out back ,reached out to yank a vine out,when I heard a pop noise and felt this unbelivable pain at base of my back.I was down for the count!!!. I stayed in that position for a little while,until I could catch my breath and yell out to my wife(Eva).
Ambulance ride to the hospital,xrays and some serious muscle relaxers later,
Im back home.Now bed rest more pills and wait for follow up visit!!:nurse:
Possibly blew out a disc!!:dontknow: :dontknow: :eek: :eek:
DAMN WEEDS-they,ll get you every time!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I really won,t know what the damage is for awhile and let me tell you this
really hurts(and I have a high tolerance for pain)
Be careful out there,You never know!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that'll shorten the honey do list a little bit. :) I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Sucks brother! I was doing some work about a month ago and hurt my neck. Ended up getting some muscle relaxers & celebrex which helped the pain. Worst part was going to bed... I would always toss and turn and hurt it more. :(

I hope for a speedy recovery.

Paul

Good God above............ Sounds bloody painful.....

Awfully sorry this had to happen...........

Take it easy..... Take your meds overlapping... before you start feeling the pain again....

Sorry this happened to you........ Hope you feel better soon.......

D

I went through this when I was 25. In my case I did not work for 5 years the muscle damage was so bad.

So, based on that I can give you one piece of advice. Do not let the pain pills and muscle relaxers lul you into thinking you are better and can get out and do something. All those fine pills are doing is killing the pain. The damage is still there. If you do something and hurt it again, you are only causing more damage.

And this is from the voice of experience. Yes, I was stupid.

Ice for swelling. Heat for mobility. Ibuprofen for inflammation and pain and Tylenol for pain which you can take together. Glucosamine for joint repair and lubrication. I hope you feel better soon.:)

going thru some of those issues myself. but i just cant get it thru my thick skull to take it easy. yesterday we put the headers on the srt, today i'm going riding the dirtbike, then coming back to finish up the truck.

Thanks to all of you for your concern!!:)
I do not like taking pain meds. for the exact reasons Silverback noted.
The only meds. I accepted are some generic anti inflamatory pills.
I,ll find out more after the M.R.I.s,hoping for sprained lwr. back muscle,That I
can deal with. I have a G.T.G. to put together soon!!!:rock: :rock:
No banging gears for awhile,thats for sure!!

Hey I'm glad to see you on the form. Alan told me about your injury. I'm very sorry it sounds serious. I Hope you feel better soon. Rest and take it easy.

By the way say hello to the Mrs.:wavey:

1qksrt said:
Thanks to all of you for your concern!!:)
I do not like taking pain meds. for the exact reasons Silverback noted.
The only meds. I accepted are some generic anti inflamatory pills.
I,ll find out more after the M.R.I.s,hoping for sprained lwr. back muscle,That I
can deal with. I have a G.T.G. to put together soon!!!:rock: :rock:
No banging gears for awhile,thats for sure!!
Hope it all works out for the best - back pain is a real bitch :(

Good luck and keep us posted :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back