Just Picked Up My SRT-10 And WTF Is That!!!!

yea just rip them out like HOTRAM ( NELSON ) , he just drove and had no music ,m plus it is over rated.

thunderaudio said:
So just got back after a 1600 mile drive from Texas to get my 04 SRT and it finally stopped raining. So now I could finally get to see what is can really do and cause general mayhem and tire damage.

But suddenly the panel under the steering wheel fell of and had a ton of wires attached. I bent the metal tabs and stuck it back on to look at it later. Apparently the truck has a fairly extensive aftermarket audio setup and there were wires all over the place. Many of them were cut and still live with power under the dash! After about an hour of hacking that stuff out I solved why there was no AM reception (antenna unplugged) and why the audio was really bad (sound was going through all that crap) I now have a large pile and remember again to never take your car or truck to the "inexpensive" audio installation places.

The job was very poor with lots of electrical tape and those crimp connectors that always seem to come loose. They even cut the main wires going to the accessory power on the ignition switch. They were just cut and taped together. It's much better now after soldering the connections together and using heat shrink tubing. Man I hate hack-jobs!

http://web.me.com/thunderaudio/Site/audio/IMG00054.jpg

http://web.me.com/thunderaudio/Site/audio/IMG00055.jpg

http://web.me.com/thunderaudio/Site/audio/IMG00057.jpg

http://web.me.com/thunderaudio/Site/audio/IMG00058.jpg

Welcome, I agree nothing worse than having to fix someones Facked up install.

:eek:WHAT IN THE SAM'S HELL??? Holy shhhhhhhhh... I knew a guy that was friends with this dude that was messin' with this chick who's cousin's brother's sister's uncle drove a 80 something Cutlass Supreme with stereo wiring like that for his 6x9's.. I'm sure you'll be able to pull that mess out and start over fresh tho. Oh and welcome to the greatest place when dealing with issues like this.....:D

Venom Power said:
:eek:WHAT IN THE SAM'S HELL??? Holy shhhhhhhhh... I knew a guy that was friends with this dude that was messin' with this chick who's cousin's brother's sister's uncle drove a 80 something Cutlass Supreme with stereo wiring like that for his 6x9's.. I'm sure you'll be able to pull that mess out and start over fresh tho. Oh and welcome to the greatest place when dealing with issues like this.....:D
Yeah but it was only a two channel 8-Track puttin' out 15 watts so there weren't that many wires to mess with. Completely different thing dude.:D

Welcome to the Family....

FATJACK said:
You can't buy nothin' used from Texas!!! Welcome to the RBC.
WTF liar.........They sell Tennessee women real cheap down them parts :D :p Aren't all lot lizzards from Tennessee :dontknow: :D :p

Oh yeah welcome new guy...Use duct tape ;) :D

at least the problem is your feild of expertise, which is lucky, could be worse ......so, how you like the truck? welcome to the asylum:D

Hey thanks for the warm welcome. I really like the truck. Monday when I got back to work everyone wanted to see it. When I pulled it out of the garage all the questions started. Then one of my guys got in and I did a HUGE burnout on 23rd St and 6th Ave in front of my office in Manhattan. The entire block stopped and looked and the spectacle and I got bad looks from the local police on the street. Lucky they were pre occupied with something else. And here are the pics!

DCP_7877.JPG

DCP_7878.JPG

DCP_7881.JPG

DCP_7888.JPG

DCP_7890.JPG

DCP_7892.JPG

DCP_7901.JPG

DCP_7927.JPG

DCP_7930.JPG

Very Nice.......

23rd and 6th you say?? LOL hell I'm am on 16th and 5th- perhaps you might have seen a black 04 ripping by one time? :rock: :D

you bought that truck at direct auto in houston?(or sumthin' like that) didn't ya':D ( i recognize the show room pic) i purchased a 4x4 hemi for my son there a couple of weeks ago! by the way, they use way to much silicone oil to dress up their vehicles...that crap was everywhere:mad:

Attachments

• DCP_9427.jpg
    DCP_9427.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
welcome to the nuthouse by the pics looks like you may have my buddys rons old truck. he traded it about a month and a half ago before he went to fla ill have to ask about the wiring though. we better see you at the meets

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back