Just saying Hi,

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice how we escape the gas guzzler tax because it's a truck. I love it!

Cheers, English. Are you a fan of the premiership?

Not sure about being smart, just versed in the ways of pit lane BS lol.

Thanks for the info on the flash. It seems like a positive step to take. I will have a look at some pricing info but it does sound like a nice way to start the modding process LOL.

Do you think I will need anything else to see the real benefit from the flash or will it work happily on it's own until the other mods take place? Does the fuel consumption change? Apart from the urge to bury the throttle to make use of the extra 80 horses LOL.

I remember when we used to mod our Porsches in the UK they would not run properly without an SSI conversion exhaust because the bottle neck was the pipe and the heat exchangers where to small, same with the bikes as well. I also note that from your post you have written 91-93 octane fuel. Are you suggesting that these trucks can be run on mid grade as well as premium or is it only possible when you have the flash done? Again you can flash the older Porsches to run on unleaded as well as leaded fuel so I wonder if this is the same.

At this point I am probably being a bit lazy as I could look this info up but I like real world experience of mods from people that have been there and done it, so to speak. Any fool can read a book but doing it for real is another story.

Hey Chris,

No I am not really a premiership fan. The only “non motor sportâ€￾ I really like is rugby and anything that involves scantily clad women and that’s only because I used to play rugby at state level and I am not gay LOL. I do watch the England games and wear the shirt when they play but really, if I’m honest, a lot of it is because I can down some beer and shout and scream at the TV once in a while LOL.

What with Montoya gone from the F1 racing I am at a loss on who to abuse in sport.

Cheers
English

English said:
Do you think I will need anything else to see the real benefit from the flash or will it work happily on it's own until the other mods take place? Does the fuel consumption change? Apart from the urge to bury the throttle to make use of the extra 80 horses LOL.

Nothing needed but the flash. Now you will see better benifits if you add a lower T-stat and some exhaust or intake. But the flash itself is 3 screws and 3 plugs. Takes just a few minutes to swap out if you but a whole new one. If you use your existing one then you will hard down for a few days as you ship it to the vendor and have it shipped back. I'm not real sure about fuel consumption.

FlyingLow said:
If you use your existing one then you will hard down for a few days as you ship it to the vendor and have it shipped back.

**Also, be sure to check your local Emissions laws before you get rid of your Stock PCM. I honestly do not know if the Stage2 Flash will pass an emissions test, which is one of the reasons I retained my original PCM.

Welcome English! Did someone mention beer?:D :rock: :D

Hamrhead said:
**Also, be sure to check your local Emissions laws before you get rid of your Stock PCM. I honestly do not know if the Stage2 Flash will pass an emissions test, which is one of the reasons I retained my original PCM.

Welcome English! Did someone mention beer?:D :rock: :D

I wouldn't think the flash would affect the emissions test. You still have the cats, you are just adjusting the timing.

FlyingLow said:
I wouldn't think the flash would affect the emissions test. You still have the cats, you are just adjusting the timing.

I'd be willing to bet that there are more things adjusted than just timing.

Like I said though, I honestly don't know of a Stage2 Flash will pass emissions or not? Here in PA, if you drive less than 5,000 miles/year, you get a waiver. I get a waiver every year.;) :D

Now, I have an aftermarket Tune on my Focus as well, and it will not pass with it. I have to reload the factory tune to to get it through emissions testing.

Hamrhead said:
I'd be willing to bet that there are more things adjusted than just timing.

Like I said though, I honestly don't know of a Stage2 Flash will pass emissions or not? Here in PA, if you drive less than 5,000 miles/year, you get a waiver. I get a waiver every year.;) :D

Now, I have an aftermarket Tune on my Focus as well, and it will not pass with it. I have to reload the factory tune to to get it through emissions testing.

It does do more then just the timing, but the timing is the only thing that would effect the emissions. But you bring up a good point with the focus. So I don't really know either. Hell I say ditch the cats and to hell with emissions. Who's with me?

FlyingLow said:
It does do more then just the timing, but the timing is the only thing that would effect the emissions. But you bring up a good point with the focus. So I don't really know either. Hell I say ditch the cats and to hell with emissions. Who's with me?
what i did

Hi,

This whole thing about the emmissions and the flash does raise some good points. I use my SRT10 as my daily transport and have to be able to pass emmsions tests. For me I would have to get a new computer and swap them out on test day.

This does of course mean the CATS will have to stay but it seems a small price to pay for such an awsome truck.

On another note I had a new set of Pirelli's fitted today and using information attained here I told my dealer to force road balance the tyres. He did it and they are fine. Thanks guys, you have saved me a lot of agro.

Oh I have been on the magnaflow site having a listen to the pipe on there and I would just like to make it known that, for me. That pipe sounds awsome and will add power, so it will be added to my truck as soon as money permits.

Thanks again guys for all the info and all the welcome posts. Glad to be part of it. Are there any VTCOA decals we can use on our trucks to show support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back