K&N CAI on Ebay

DDB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thrasher: Has anyone had any luck getting their K&N off of Ebay? I found a few pretty good deals on the CAI system but I'm wondering if any of you all out there have had success getting this off Ebay.

Any feedback helps as I'm just getting started with my truck upgrades. :dontknow: :rock:

your gonna get all kinds of feedback, the major opinion is you get the same performance from a drop in filter, any others is majorly for looks.

They all work good, just go for the best deal

I've got one on my rig and love the looks and sound of it, I'd recommend it besides who wants to open a hood and see a stock airbox?? That looks assy imo.... :rock:

i just got mine but i got porked i got sent mine with some wrong size bolts i had to go to Lowes to pick up the same bolts as the others i was pissed but im happy with it i like hearing it suck air while the windows are down im sure i wont be able to once i get my B&B on though.

they look good and sound better....but you will.....WILL be slower with the CAI.....you lose trq............

Dominick572 said:
i just got mine but i got porked i got sent mine with some wrong size bolts i had to go to Lowes to pick up the same bolts as the others i was pissed but im happy with it i like hearing it suck air while the windows are down im sure i wont be able to once i get my B&B on though.

I can still hear mine:top:
Ever get your adapters?

Nowwhat said:
they look good and sound better....but you will.....WILL be slower with the CAI.....you lose trq............
So to avoid losing tq what would you recommend instead of CAI?

CarDomain.com has the K&N (Part No. 33-2297) Drop-in for $53. They are usually around $80.

I got my K&N CAI off Ebay and had no problems fast shipping too. The only hard part about it is the install for an intake it's pretty indepth you would think just remove and replace but with this kit you have to pull the wheel well liner and remove the extra battery tray. But all in all it only took about an hour.

I don't understand how people think you lose torque with a CAI. Could someone please explain this to me?

bub180jp said:
I got my K&N CAI off Ebay and had no problems fast shipping too. The only hard part about it is the install for an intake it's pretty indepth you would think just remove and replace but with this kit you have to pull the wheel well liner and remove the extra battery tray. But all in all it only took about an hour.

I don't understand how people think you lose torque with a CAI. Could someone please explain this to me?
Thanks for the info, this will probably be my first mod so I'm trying to get an idea on time it takes etc. As for the torque issue, I'm not clear on that either.??

DDB said:
Thanks for the info, this will probably be my first mod so I'm trying to get an idea on time it takes etc. As for the torque issue, I'm not clear on that either.??

I received mine off Ebay within a week after ordering it (pretty quick). The install isn't too bad besides trying to get the grommet over the throttle body the secret there is to use a shot of WD40. The instructions that come with it are thorough enough to guide you through the whole install. Should only take an hour or so.

The CAI vs dropin debate has been going on since the these trucks first came out. I have never had a dyno done, so I can't give definitive input either way.

But I have noticed that alot of the guys who are posting 12 second timeslips are running some type of CAI (Mopar, K&N, etc...). So maybe the dyno doesn't do it justice and actually running the vehicle out in fresh air makes a difference :dontknow: :dontknow:

I'll be running my truck in a few weeks with no performance changes other than the CAI. So I will see first hand if the CAI affects my ET. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
The CAI vs dropin debate has been going on since the these trucks first came out. I have never had a dyno done, so I can't give definitive input either way.

But I have noticed that alot of the guys who are posting 12 second timeslips are running some type of CAI (Mopar, K&N, etc...). So maybe the dyno doesn't do it justice and actually running the vehicle out in fresh air makes a difference :dontknow: :dontknow:

I'll be running my truck in a few weeks with no performance changes other than the CAI. So I will see first hand if the CAI affects my ET. ;)
Yeah I've noticed almost everyone here has some type of CAI so I figure I can't really go wrong but I'd be interested to see your results after your run in a few weeks, please keep us posted.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back