Kicked A Rod

My 3-4 rod bearing went at 32K with no mods at all. Rebuilt by Dodge after almost 3 months. I have 52K now, still no mods but I do have magnaflow and airbox to go in. Did centerforce w/viper slave three days ago on my new lift ;)
I would buy a used engine and drop it in. I hope for your wife.

mauiSRT/10 said:
50k miles. Whats the lifespan of one of these engines anybody know? I know we have guys with way more.

patrick

I would say it has alot to do with how its treated:D Paper clip analogy:D

Sorry to hear about your trucks mortaly wounded engine,
First thing to do is get some sleep!
Take a deep breath,set a plan and build it better!
The intake bolts could be a real pain when your up for about 30 hrs.

the bad thing about headers and loud mufflers is that you can't hear that rod tapping. Before a rod lets go like that, it will tap for several thousand miles. Then it becomes a knock. then it lets go.

I hope you're able to find what you need to fix it! Brad was able to find a new motor for his truck so I'm sure you'll find one too.

Mike

I got a few connections working for me on this. One of them is a big service manager for Dodge. He said there's no reason for this to happen. He is seeing if he can get Dodge to do something about this. I got my fingers and toes and other extremities crossed.

This sucks.

I went through this last year. I have an extra crank you are welcome to if you need it.

it sucks....3 goes almost every time, whether its the piston, bearing, rod, something...poor design.

Loads of oil throughout intake.....

Attachments

• IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 86
Getting the radiator and electric fan out sucked major balls........:(

Attachments

• IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 84
Just about ready to yank, removed the alt, ps pump thermostat housing off the front of the engine.....

Attachments

• IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 67
Major kudo's to you for doing it yourself!! Any ideas of the plans you have once you get another motor?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back