Kicker Audio Upgrades

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing some research on audio upgrades and wanted to stay stock or at least stock appearing. I wanted to retain my REC NAV radio and Sirius sat radio and of course the steering wheel controls hadm to remain functional. I decided I would look into Mopar's Kicker upgrades. I have a 2006 RC and the below information pertains to this model year/truck style.

At first I thought I could simply upgrade just the OEM amp with the Kicker offering. I could do this, it is plug and play and it will function with the existing Infinity setup and will be compatible with the CAN bus. The problem is the Kicker amp is designed to work with the Kicker speakers and probable audio performance and sound degradation will result if the Kicker amp is used with the Infinity speakers. The Infinity speakers have different frequency response and power handling characteristics. Also, the Kicker amp has a different EQ design that the Infinity speakers may not like.

In order to do this upgrade properly, not only the amp is needed, but speakers are needed as well. For all the components, I was quoted a price of $962.20, plus shipping. I was going to do the installation myself, fairly simple to remove interor panels and replacing speakers is a bolt-in affair, plug and play. Mopar Kicker part numbers that are needed for a 2006 RC:

77KICK11: Front door and dash speakers (one note -- I couldn't find out if this kit includes the center dash speaker, Direct Connection hotline didn't know either :dontknow: )
77KICK13: Subwoofer/amplifier
77KICK18AB: Audio Amplifier
77KICK32: Rear speakers

After all this, I decided to forgo the audio upgrades. The Infinity setup sounds OK and besides the cost for speakers and amps would be better spent on a Borla Cat-Back and a CAI :D So for now the audio plans takes a back seat to the sweet symphonic sounds of rumble, rumble, rumble. :burnout:

dude i stock most of the kicker itmes and have them in my 2008 QC and we sell them on e-bay. your price through me will be much cheaper too. i love this kicker system. heck i wanted to even change the SRT RC over to kicker. the sounds is night and day. it looks like you may alos be ordering to many speakers, i will check more on this.

77KICK11 does not come wiht the center speaker. there is not a kicker replacement for the center speaker yet.

Last edited:
dragon said:
dude i stock most of the kicker itmes and have them in my 2008 QC and we sell them on e-bay. your price through me will be much cheaper too. i love this kicker system. heck i wanted to even change the SRT RC over to kicker. the sounds is night and day. it looks like you may alos be ordering to many speakers, i will check more on this.

77KICK11 does not come wiht the center speaker. there is not a kicker replacement for the center speaker yet.
What would the kicker system estimated cost be for my 05 RC??

dragon said:

Let me know, I still may be swayed to the Audio side but $500 plus clams for a sub/box/amp blew the budget.

Hell mods are mods right. I could be interested in something to bump up the audio HP. Keep us updated

me too!! I have been thinking about upgrading the system but want to maintain the stock radio and controls.Maybe it just me but my system is starting to sound like chit.What kind of $$$ are we looking at dragon for amp and speaker upgrades.??

Back