Kill: Subaru STI

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The neighbor that helped me pull my intake and loaned me some tools for the mods this weekend, checked in to see if i was done and asked for a ride. As soon as we pulled out of the neighborhood onto the highway, there was an STI in the merging lane of the neighborhood beside ours. While i passed him It looked like he was going to wait for the car beside me to pass and get in behind him, but as soon as he saw me in the far lane he hit boost and drove past his merge lane in the median to get in front of them and beside me. I thought with the traffic clear as far as i could see he would keep on getting it, but he hit the brakes hard to match my speed. We made eye contact, and my friend said hit it.

As i was going for first, he punched it and had a jump on me, with my front bumper beside his rear bumper, but i powershifted into second and he didnt, and i got by his door. My friend looking out the passenger side window said that in the reflection of the STI's door he could see my cutouts spit fire under the truck when i shifted and the driver startled and snapped his head to look for a second. Neither gained an inch, and when third came i jumped another 3-4 foot, and held that exact spot until he shifted fourth and he was at my rear bumper and he let off. I braked, he drove by and stuck his hand out the window with a thumbs up.

Last edited:
Sweet! Sounds like fun. How fast were you going when you grabbed second?

Sweet! Sounds like fun. How fast were you going when you grabbed second?

Don't think I've ever heard anyone ask that question. I was in second at about 25-30 mph when he was beside and I went to first. But I go for second just before redline.

Wonder what he had done...

At least full boltons, but most likely a turbo upgrade would be my guess.
I ran a WRX a while back with boltons and put buses on em lol.

We could see a front mount oversized intercooler with spray bar, a loud ass wastegate and a bov that sounded like a tial and a wide body kit with a front bumper to channel air in the intercooler.

I call bull**** these trucks are not beating a sti unless it was a reg Subaru ...

You should be Proud...

Proud of any win, but how close it was made me nervous. I had traction problems till top of second but kept him beside me spinning. Maybe at a sticky track I would have held him off better. With his awd and cup tires I don't think he would do much better on the track. However having some time to spray his intercooler and load a race tune and I would have been hurting.

It was a good experience for my friend though, having never rode in one. He gained a ton of respect for the brand and called his some of his people on the ride back to brag on it.

I call bull**** these trucks are not beating a sti unless it was a reg Subaru ...

Lol, STI's trap very low in the 1/4 even with boltons 108-110 at the maximum
Even with a direct bolton turbo they struggle to crack 115mph trap speeds.
His SRT-10 RC with H/I/T should be in the 110-115mph range meaning faster from a roll.
However, race them from a dig is a whole different story lol.

Lol, STI's trap very low in the 1/4 even with boltons 108-110 at the maximum
Even with a direct bolton turbo they struggle to crack 115mph trap speeds.
His SRT-10 RC with H/I/T should be in the 110-115mph range meaning faster from a roll.
However, race them from a dig is a whole different story lol.

Post some pics of the GT500 !!

Lol. I have no reason to lie about it. . it wasnt a regular subaru or a regular sti. As stated it seemed to the both of us that it was modded. If it was planned i would have video'd it, however it was spur of the moment and unexpected. I didnt blow his doors off, i crawled past during his lazy shifting. Not my first sti Kill on either of my 10's. Ill check my external, may have still have the video of an STI kill at the Emerald Coast Dragway from my less modded '05.
Its funny to me nobody loses a race on this forum
Why post a loss? however if i lost by as little as he did, i would post as a startling comparison.

all day long good kill,, i ran a few of them when i was stock,, it was close but managed to pull it out on them... STIs are no big deal.. but some of them push 500-900hp and they are a big deal lol.. but every crowd has them...

all day long good kill,, i ran a few of them when i was stock,, it was close but managed to pull it out on them... STIs are no big deal.. but some of them push 500-900hp and they are a big deal lol.. but every crowd has them...

A guy I worked with back in Florida had a little work done on his. Mainly tune and suspension...brakes, axles, transmission and clutch. He said the clutch was the weak point and he went through 4.

Racing my old 05 he pulled a 1.5x 60 ft to my high 1.8 something might have been 1.9 I just remember I was under 2 consistantly. But I had him on reaction time and just barely beat him in the 1/8 at breakaway dragway. Slowly reeled him in the whole way. We were both low 8s that night.

Lol. I have no reason to lie about it. . it wasnt a regular subaru or a regular sti. As stated it seemed to the both of us that it was modded. If it was planned i would have video'd it, however it was spur of the moment and unexpected. I didnt blow his doors off, i crawled past during his lazy shifting. Not my first sti Kill on either of my 10's. Ill check my external, may have still have the video of an STI kill at the Emerald Coast Dragway from my less modded '05.

Why post a loss? however if i lost by as little as he did, i would post as a startling comparison.

Damn Jeff! I guess I need to get up to Waldorf and record these races so you have proof for these guys!

another great thread for the sti crowd hold please!!!!!!
and i think your full of sh#t!!!!!

Man, I don't get you. You just seem to pop into any thread where someone is just trying to share a story and you shi*t all ove it. For what reason than to troll?

Jeff wasn't even bragging or gloating about the race, just sharing the experience. Hell, it was still a close race by most standards and had the Subie not lazy shifted, it would have been closer.

Jeff, good kill man! Crazy racing out on those highways though, cops are no joke around DC :rock: .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back