Killed an SRT8 Jeep...Twice!!!

Yep .... I owe it all to the MOFO Headers!!! and the DC Tune , Magnaflow, Race cats, 4.56 gears, Cal Tracs, Fidanza flywheel, Centerforce clutch, Viper slave and master, Volant Ram Air, X Metal Gen IV Shifter ( Go to their website and watch me shift!) , 170 therm, Hurst Line Lock, and M&H 390-40-17 Drag Radials. But the valve covers have never been off of my stock 2004 RC engine. Stock it dynoed 415 HP and 433 FT LBS, After headers and tune the Standard numbers were 482 HP and 526 FT LBS.

Kind of a comparing apples to bananas (no offense Silver:p )

I would sure hope your 482 RWHP modded SRT-10 could beat a stock 360-ish RWHP 4860 lb. SUV.:bebored:

Not too good if you asked me.....especially with your MOD list. Couple of RC SRT-10's on this site running 12.7x with the DRIVER MOD.

That's the chiming in I was expecting. The performance of a stock 300C SRT-8 isn't too shabby either.... The top end action, running down capability and handling are incredible.

Slow 91 quote "not to good if you asked me..." Thanks for the insult, but I didn't ask you! So whats your best ET ???? I didn't see any times posted in the Time Slip section for you. There are 48 Naturally aspirated trucks in the time slip section , and of those 48 only 11 have times in the 12's. Apparently its not that easy to get these trucks (5000 lbs+) into the twelves. I happen to have the best ET of all NA trucks on the site @ 12.496 @ 110.55. There are even 9 supercharged trucks, 2 with nitrous and one with turbo and nitrous that have a slower et than I do. I have consistently been the quickest Naturally asperated trucks at every meet I attend and you are the first one to insult me. Thanks......Go Giants

TNVIPER said:
Actually Trainman's times are dang good for a 480HP truck...what is the DA at your track Trainman?

Yep they are the best... Not only that their is proof and several members including myself have seen the runs. Every track is different and some tracks gett better prep than others. that is fact. I would had love to see slow 91 run a mid 13 in a stock truck at LACR... I would pay money to see that actually..

Trainman said:
I didn't see any times posted in the Time Slip section for you. There are 48 Naturally aspirated trucks in the time slip section , and of those 48 only 11 have times in the 12's.

Reason: Because not everyone cares to post in the timeslip section of a public forum.....some just like to crack someone's ass when it really matters.

Funny how these two aren't on your prestigious list.....:bebored:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5880

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9064

Blaine@PSI said:
our dyno is in line with everyone elses. also who else has run 12.7 at over 110mph. my truck has and i know Zachs has run a 12.9 before.

slow91 said:
Reason: Because not everyone cares to post in the timeslip section of a public forum.....some just like to crack someone's ass when it really matters.

Funny how these two aren't on your prestigious list.....:bebored:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5880

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9064

maybe i'm going blind of old age but I'm pretty sure that you just posted 2 trucks with roughly the same rwhp that ran slower times... the DA at lacr is definitely less than desirable... and bakersfield prolly is not much better....

With that said it's an accomplishment for an NA srt-10 to take an AWD srt-8... those times he's getting aren't too far off what my m5 runs and that in itself is impressive...

I dunno wtf is with all the h8'ing on this board lately... it's sad:dontknow:

props again TRAINMAN... I dunno if you remember me... but I remember you from a few years back @LACR... hope to see you at Famoso soon..:D

The only thing I can say is, that's not even close to a fair race, stock to stock would be close but the srt-10 still has an advantage. You comparing a suv that runs mid 13's stock to a truck that can EASILY run a low 13.

I never said anything about it being a FAIR race.... Remember the Jeep choose me to race, he even jumped over one lane in the staging area to set up the first race. All I was doing was reporting some ETs and a comparison that I thought might be interesting.

BigRed460 said:
The only thing I can say is, that's not even close to a fair race, stock to stock would be close but the srt-10 still has an advantage. You comparing a suv that runs mid 13's stock to a truck that can EASILY run a low 13.

I respectfully disagree:p
I just checked Dragtimes here's the GC's marked stock
12 trucks total... 3 marked STOCK
and the one that ran 12.9 only has an air intake??

Here's the SRT-10's marked stock...
4 trucks marked stock gee what do I see??

come on now... and add to that it actually take skill to launch the 10... as arnold would say "What u talkin aboot Willis" :p

cuz stock 4 stock... the GC's are faster... and there's the proof is on dragtimes... I posted links but they get truncated sorry you'll have to check them yourself

http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.p...e4=-1&op4==&year4=0&submitButtonName=Compare!

http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.p...e4=-1&op4==&year4=0&submitButtonName=Compare!

Last edited:
Trainman said:
I never said anything about it being a FAIR race.... Remember the Jeep choose me to race, he even jumped over one lane in the staging area to set up the first race. All I was doing was reporting some ETs and a comparison that I thought might be interesting.

Anyone who lines up at the lights is fair game....you could have dropped the clutch at the wrong RPM or missed a gear and the Jeep guy would have been posting a kill thread on another forum...but you evidently did a heck of a job driving that truck to get the times you did...thanks for sharing...:)

Having both, stock for stock, GC wins due to launch IMO

A stock 1.6-1.8 GC 60-ft vs stock 2.0-2.4 RC makes a huge differance when the RC doesnt have slicks.

Also having both well almost living with a friend who has the srt8 jeep and me the 10 obviously.... we would go out and race on a regular basis just for fun .. and on the street.. yes i said the street .. so get over it . your speeches are not gonna stop me from doing it.. so shut it before you begin.. .and .. you know who you are..... anyway moving on.. we have raced upwards of 20times from lights and a equal amount from a roll... from a light and light to light the jeep is quicker... but if you are from a light were there is open road folowing the jeep loses every time... by the time i hit 3rd i have caught up and passed the jeep and pull away .. but 1st gear the jeep is long gone 2nd he is getting pulled in and 3rd is bye bye jeep... and that was me runnign bone stock no intake no nos no nothing .. stock for stock...

tidnab said:
maybe i'm going blind of old age but I'm pretty sure that you just posted 2 trucks with roughly the same rwhp that ran slower times... D

Glad I didn't say that....... RWHP #'s don't mean shit. The comparison I gave was a "stock tire" unmodded truck vs. a modded 10 and an M & H slick.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
We have raced upwards of 20times from lights and a equal amount from a roll... from a light and light to light the jeep is quicker... but if you are from a light were there is open road folowing the jeep loses every time... by the time i hit 3rd i have caught up and passed the jeep and pull away .. but 1st gear the jeep is long gone 2nd he is getting pulled in and 3rd is bye bye jeep... and that was me running bone stock no intake no nos no nothing .. stock for stock...

Excellent post.

slow91 said:
Glad I didn't say that....... RWHP #'s don't mean shit. The comparison I gave was a "stock tire" unmodded truck vs. a modded 10 and an M & H slick.

RWHP #'s don't mean shit?? u just made my point for me.... you're right... well up to a point anyway.... the fact is stock GC's run faster than stock 10's... if you're debating that fact dragtimes is either wrong or people are flatout lieing....I'm also willing to bet the 8 wasn't stock either but that's beside the point..
btw: your 'DRIVER MOD' comment was completely out of line... :mad:

I think I said all of this before. The same situation seems to be happening with my 300C SRT-8. Yes, off the line she launches (not quite like the GC) then she gets up and goes like a burnt dog. But the "10" will run the 300C down and catch her around 3rd and 4th gears.

IMO I don't think the argument here is with one is faster. We all know the CG SRT is a monster in regards to launching... In fact I DON'T know what the bickering is about because everyone has differnet driving styles and abilities. Heck, if the representation were left up to me, :p my run times in my "10" at the track would be high 15's or higher because I hate tearing through the gears in MY truck on the strip. Many of you know :eek: I SUCK at racing down the 1320... :dontknow: but that's just me. But for the rest of you who would be more up to it (and experienced) the only way to determine who is better than who in what is to run what you brung and line them up. Otherwise, getting on a public forum and saying, "I KNOW I am better than you," will just cause an endless pissing match. Just my $0.02...:bebored:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back