kinda of a dumb questions but whats the difference bet. meth and nos??

lamia2super

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a bit of a noob and i dont know what the difference is between meth and nos. can someone explain it to me? which is better?

Meth is a crystaline powder that will improve your mood and keep you up for several days. NOS is nitrous oxide. It is used in the dentist office to dull pain and gives you a huge buzz. The NOS wears off in only a couple of hours though.

So, in summary: NOS is a bigger hit, but doesn't last as long.
Meth is a slower less agressive hit, but lasts longer than NOS.

Wait a minute, you meant for your truck, didn't you? Well, then the same applies to your truck as well.

Except that meth (or methanol) is actually more just for an octane boost. You get more power by allowing your engine to run more timing. NOS on the other hand has a higher oxygen content than atmospheric air and is freezing cold when injected into your motor. NOS gives you an instant hit of high horsepower. But, like I said above, it doesn't last long. A bottle is only good for about 5-10 1/4 mile passes, where the meth is only injected a little at a time and a couple of gallons will last through several tanks of fuel.

Methanol: 10-20 hp increase (depending on other items on the motor).
NOS: 75- 750 hp increase (depending on what the motor can take before exploding)

WOT said:
meth (or methanol) is actually more just for an octane boost. You get more power by allowing your engine to run more timing. NOS on the other hand has a higher oxygen content than atmospheric air and is freezing cold when injected into your motor. NOS gives you an instant hit of high horsepower. But, like I said above, it doesn't last long. A bottle is only good for about 5-10 1/4 mile passes, where the meth is only injected a little at a time and a couple of gallons will last through several tanks of fuel.

Methanol: 10-20 hp increase (depending on other items on the motor).
NOS: 75- 750 hp increase (depending on what the motor can take before exploding)

Yes & no.

Methanol depends A LOT on your engine mods. It is next to worthless power-wise on an NA engine. However, on an FI engine, it allows for more boost and more timing (or more correctly, having to take less timing out per pound of boost). THAT means more horsepower through its use.

N2O is going to make power on either NA or FI engines. But, it's a much better choice for a power adder over methanol on an NA engine (unless you're burning methanol instead of gas, but that's another kettle of fish).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back