knock in motor.....

srt10this

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rod knock after running truck at track last friday......i was going to pull the motor this weekend but holding off till next weekend....:confused:

srt10this said:
I got rod knock after running truck at track last friday......i was going to pull the motor this weekend but holding off till next weekend....:confused:

Well, just like Steve Austin we have the technology to make it Better, Stronger, Faster....

srt10this said:

What are your mods?

catless mids , exhaust and intake nothing crazy....sucks and i still got to pay 500 a month on it

hopefully you caught it in tiem and it will be an easy fix bud, shouldnt take much, take it over to nick at modern performance and he will take good care of ya

I pulled the oil filter off and cut it open and pulled the filter out and got metal shavings in it...small piece tho. That's usually Connecting rod bearing from what i was told thats why i want to pull the motor and see what the bearings look like and see if the cranks F**Ked up.

A NEW crank is around a grand or so, we kin do billet for 3k or so:argh:

it more than likely spun one, but it should be savable since you shut her down and arent doing like some and drivig it buddy

And whats f**ked up is when i 1st start the truck it like makes a knocking sound for a sec or 2 then go's away but when you lisin good you can hear it....

I was told when I got the truck like 2 years ago that it was tuned but I think it was bs so I don't think its got one

srt10this said:
I was told when I got the truck like 2 years ago that it was tuned but I think it was bs so I don't think its got one

I just don't see how a basically stock motor can blow like that:confused: :dontknow: :(

Sorry man... good luck getting her back together.

LoveThisTruck said:
I just don't see how a basically stock motor can blow like that:confused: :dontknow: :(

Sorry man... good luck getting her back together.

There is a tuner in FL that could pull all kinds of power out of a Viper engine...he also pulled a lot of rods thru the oil pan..;) ..........lean A/F and/or add enough timing and a stock engine will blow.......most of the members who have been here 3yrs know who I am referring to.....

TNVIPER said:
There is a tuner in FL that could pull all kinds of power out of a Viper engine...he also pulled a lot of rods thru the oil pan..;) ..........lean A/F and/or add enough timing and a stock engine will blow.......most of the members who have been here 3yrs know who I am referring to.....

I know who you're talking about... that's why I asked who tuned his truck. Even if his truck is tuned, it's been fine for 2 years.

LoveThisTruck said:
I know who you're talking about... that's why I asked who tuned his truck. Even if his truck is tuned, it's been fine for 2 years.

Your trans lasted for more than 2 yrs....understand?...:itsme:

TNVIPER said:
Your trans lasted for more than 2 yrs....understand?...:itsme:

Only lasted a few thousand miles after the build;) and my trans, taking more power than it was designed for, has nothing to do with a stock motor.

LoveThisTruck said:
Only lasted a few thousand miles after the build;) and my trans, taking more power than it was designed for, has nothing to do with a stock motor.

You just explained why a stock motor will blow...:itsme: .....You can tune a stock motor by timing advance and A/F and get power.....doesnt have to have any mods..

TNVIPER said:
You just explained why a stock motor will blow...:itsme: .....You can tune a stock motor by timing advance and A/F and get power.....doesnt have to have any mods..

LOL he said it doesn't have a tune

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back