Lbstone Strongman Competition

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night on ESPN 2 they showed the strongman competition where Derek took second place. OMG, he was so close to winning. He literally had it in the bag and then the final stone slipped on the lip and spun. He must have been so frustrated!

What a competition though. Jeez my back was sore from watching these guys. The 500 lb weight step climb looked awfully difficult. There must have been 20 steps to climb up. Pulling a 88,000 lbs plane looked tricky too!!! Talk about blowing out a nut!!! How about a 900 lb car carry on your shoulders? NO thanks, not for me. Dead lifting a jeep for 10 reps.......sounds as hard as it is. Or what about pressing a 300 lb log over head for a dozen reps or so. I think Derek had 15 reps!! Insane.

It was very cool to watch Derek blast though the events. My gf and I were cheering away for him!!:rock:

Congrats Derek, we are all proud of you brother!!! :congrats: :rock: :burnout:

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I imagine it will. Just look for the met rx strongman competion from Charleston WV.

patrick

Thanks! Looks like SUNDAY the 28th is the day...

"If you miss the Christmas Day broadcast, not to worry, the entire competition will air again on Sunday, December 28th, on ESPN from 1 p.m.-7 p.m. And Over the next year it's estimated you can see the competition and West Virginia's beauty several hundred times."

I'm setting up my DVR now.. thanks again!
:rock: :rock: :rock:

I havent heard from Derek in a while, last I heard he was about to buy a Viper.
Maybe it is time to give him a call

Yeah,I was watching that too,well just the qualifying rounds !! All I can say is WOW,that is one BIG and STRONG Summbeech !!!I'd like to see how the hell he's going to fit in that little Viper !!CONGRATS DEREK !!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

6pakattack said:
Yeah,I was watching that too,well just the qualifying rounds !! All I can say is WOW,that is one BIG and STRONG Summbeech !!!I'd like to see how the hell he's going to fit in that little Viper !!CONGRATS DEREK !!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Lotsa butter and a shoe horn :marchmellow:

He has bought a viper and posts on another forum too. Congrats on the finish.

Bruce

Patrick, thanks for the heads up....just got done watching it. :rock:
Damn... he had it. Regardleass, a great watch... friggin yelling at the TV pullin for him...LOL:rock:
Derek...thats a hell of an accomplishment, and Happy Holidays.
Be safe out there.
:D

hemi killer said:
He has bought a viper and posts on another forum too. Congrats on the finish.

Bruce

Tell him to come back and say hey....or tell him his old truck threw a rod:dontknow: :dontknow:

Demon 8 said:
Tell him to come back and say hey....or tell him his old truck threw a rod:dontknow: :dontknow:
Thats not funny!!

Trekker got ahold of me on facebook and told me about the tread. Sorry I havn't been around much! I picked up an 05 red Viper back ini September, already got Belanger headers, highflows and a cat back with 373's on her :rock: I had to lower the seat 2" to fit and getting in and out is a PITA but man is she sweet!!

As far as the competition, it was a heart breaker but I'm planning ahead for next year! Should be a good one!!

D man
Good to see you again. Truck is in perfect hibernation for the winter, Washed waxed, battery tender, fuel stabil. If the weather cooperates I may do a few things over the winter.

Demon 8 said:
D man
Good to see you again. Truck is in perfect hibernation for the winter, Washed waxed, battery tender, fuel stabil. If the weather cooperates I may do a few things over the winter.
Glad she's been good to you, its a good thing you stumbled upon her. Hows NY state? We got to get togeher so I can visit the truck, I miss her. She was my first Viper..

Hey Derek, Finally got to see it last nite, you did SUPER. We are all very proud of you, you are still one of us and will always be.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back