Leaking Slave Cylinder on 2004

Vtruck

Reaction score
My stock slave cylinder is leaking. I was thinking about changing it out for the Viper metal slave one and master. I was wondering if any of you have changed out your slave cylinder with another plastic stock one from Dodge with any success. I would rather just drop the tranny, disconnect two quick connects and two bolts and call it a day vs. changing it out and the master also not to mention spending half of the price. I don’t want to go with a stock one if it is going to go bad in two years or so. Let me know what you think…

Thanks,

change it all !! do it once . the master matches the throw of the slave.

the plastic oem ones are junk!!! I went thru 3 in 50 thousand miles. Switched over to the ugraded unit and 25 thousand miles with no problems.. Guess it depends on how hard your on it, but if your already in their id ugrade it for sure.

I swapped in a 6speed in my QC and went against all odds due to budget and used a factory slave, I have at least 8 track passes and many pulls on highway with no issue. From what I've seen the Viper master and truck master are different bore and stroke, the slaves are identical other than metal base vs. Plastic base. Mine is Also pushing a Centerforce!!

I had mine replaced at about 15K miles with a Dodge replacement. 7K miles later its working fine. FYI: I understand the Viper parts also come with a shim, as part of the kit -- you need that to install those parts.

Replacing the factory clutch master and slave with the Viper units was one of the first things I HAD to do within a month of buying my '04. The truck had 39k on it and was a bit difficult to shift at first, which ended up being due to the slave cylinder leaking. While I was replacing both the master and slave, I put in a new Centerforce clutch as well. Cured my shifting problem (at least part of it, as my new shifter by Stink cured the rest).

I picked up the upgrade kit from ROE and the clutch from Amazon (they were $200 cheaper than anyone else) and had my local mechanic install everything. Once you fix that, then you'll probably be replacing your oil cooler and power steering lines next.

Thanks for the info....... Just wondering how easy or hard is it to change the master if I go to the Viper upgrade route? Also about how long does it take to change the master in the truck with the viper version?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back