Leather seat repair...

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just picked up my truck and its in real need of some good ol' Fashion TLC to get her cleaned up. After giving the interior a real elbow grease style clean up today i've come to a few conclusions...

I need a new steering wheel
I need to repair the worn spots on the seats
and I need the do something about the crappy hydrodip (sorry if youre in to this kinda stuff).

So, First things first... What have you all used on the 2006 models that blends nicely and works good?

Whats all hydro dipped on your truck. and what pattern? I may switch you stock parts for hydro dipped

1. Steering wheel is a common issue because it's leather... if your in a humid climate it will peel off in your hands after a while....

2. I think the only way to do it right is take it to a interior place and let them do it

3. What's hydrodipped on your truck?

The stock hydro dipped trim pieces. I'm just not in to it. I am going to at minimal wrap it but I may talk to someone about getting genuine carbon.

I'm going to give dodge a ring Monday and see if I can still get another wheels through them.. If not I'll send it out to Dallas to have it rewrapped.

Oh, you can get the plain jane, ugly as sin, bezel and center console from the regular Rams but there is no way it looks good in a 10.

You can but it's an arm and a leg, they're a few crazy colors wheel or get it rewrapped

The stock hydro dipped trim pieces. I'm just not in to it. I am going to at minimal wrap it but I may talk to someone about getting genuine carbon.

I'm going to give dodge a ring Monday and see if I can still get another wheels through them.. If not I'll send it out to Dallas to have it rewrapped.

Check in eBay for a steering wheel. Seems I've seen an Srt one on there..

No matter what condition our 10's are in when we pick them up, there are always things that need to be changed to make them ours. Good luck with your changes.

Amen. I am a very big neat freak with my vehicles.. I know most people say that... but I often take it to a different level. Im excited to get the truck where I want it. Im not going to get as crazy as I have with my other cars because at the end of the day I bought this to haul my bike... But I still need to get it to a certain level for me.

that isn't bad looking. Mind posting up more detailed pics when you get a chance?

Is the silver part painted? What kind of material is it?

BTW.. Very clean truck... FWIW. Its one of the ones I saw on here that made me like the potential of what these things could look like and to ultimately get one.

that isn't bad looking. Mind posting up more detailed pics when you get a chance?

Is the silver part painted? What kind of material is it?

BTW.. Very clean truck... FWIW. Its one of the ones I saw on here that made me like the potential of what these things could look like and to ultimately get one.

thanks guy...it looks oem...thats why I got it. let me look for some pics...

I'm the same way. I like my stuff to have that OEM look that it doesnt attrach attention unless someone knows what they're looking at.

custom-car-hydraulics.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back