lemon law truck

solsir4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is going into the shop for the third time this month for the same transmission problem. I contacted a lemon law lawyer and she said it sounded like I have a good case. I was wondering if anyone has dealt w/ a lemon law truck and I live in the state of California as I know all states have different lemon laws. Does anyone have any advice, because I love my truck but if they would pay off my $45,000 car loan or give me a brand new one I would do it in a heart beat. Thanks!

What's the problem you're experiencing? RC? QC? Gonna have a hard time getting a new one, not too many left. I work at a dealership - I can tell you, you are better off trying to work something out with the service manager (make your payment this month, whatever) than bringing in the lawyers. They tend to get defensive and all civility goes out the window once lawyers get involved. That should be a last resort, once the service manager is unwilling to work with you. Good luck.

QC '05 kn cai , dc stage 2 , 170 degree therm. , magnaflow catback . I took it in at 27500 miles for oil change and explained that when i would start it in the morning it wouldnt move in reverse to get outta my garage unless i went half throttle about 3k rpms . They inspected the transmission and found metal shavings and chunks in the tranny pan . They replaced a few parts after 7 days , then finally got it back . Three days later i park it in the garage and it wont leave first gear , nothing , and the shift lever is just floating around . Take it back and they replace a bracket and cable and i get it back after 5 days . Now five days later same thing happens with the shift lever again . Just took it in today and the guy says its probably the valve body . My dealership sucks i think is the main part about it , no viper tech , dont park it inside at night , and return it dirty . I can find a new truck the problem is getting them to pay off my current loan ...

Last edited:
Do you think that the Stage II had anything to do with it? I know if and when I mod something, if under warranty, there is some risk and extra cost associated with it. You have to pay if you want to play. If I knew that the PCM was the casue to a tranny issue, I would not be taking it to the dealer. It would be going to suncoast, etc to get built up.

That is just me though....

definately not the Dc ... i only put the Dc stage 2 in it after the second time they fixed the transmission like a week ago . The reason i brought it in today was the same exact symptoms it had before i installed the Dc stage 2 . And today b4 i took it back in i drove it with the stock cpu and the transmission is driving the same way as it does with the Dc flash is . I really think i should just take it to a a dealership that has viper technician if i want it fixed properly ...

on my rc truck i have had problems since my warranty expired.

my warranty expired around feb. 8th.

problems since then have been:

slave cylinder went out around mid march. found out that the clutch was in bad shape so i just went ahead and upgraded all those parts.

not build related but an idiot pulled out in front of me and boom need a new front fascia.

now the temperature will hit around 220-225 and then come back down on both oil and water. really wierd as it has only done this twice this week and it just started this week.

it then needed an alignment til that idiot pulled out in front of me and now it goes straight so :dontknow:

I sued GM over my Tahoe because I had to keep returning it for the brakes.

Every state is different but California is the most consumer friendly. You definately have a good case depending on your local laws. In AZ its 3 times to get it right on the 4th time you can sue which I did.
I didnt get the vehicle bought back but I got a $ settlement and they still had to fix it.

You case is a little more serious. You could probably push for another vehicle but since they are hard to find you would get book value (probably mid to high book) and subtract the miles(I think its $.20 per mile) to give you a final dollar amount.

Quick example your book value is 40K and you have 10k miles (10k * $.20=2K)

So you would get back 38K.

Alternatively you could sue for a $ settlement for wasting your time and they would still have to fix the tranny (either a new or fix the original)

Good luck.

You'd honestly think that after 3 times, they'd just say screw it and drop in a new transmission.?? It's not like the trannies are that hard to find, replacing the truck is a different story.

I've had mine fixed 3 times also. also, you don't need a viper tech. you need a tranny tech. vipers don't have auto trannys

Mike

Deibs said:
You'd honestly think that after 3 times, they'd just say screw it and drop in a new transmission.?? It's not like the trannies are that hard to find, replacing the truck is a different story.

THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING!!DROP A NEW TRANNY IN IT AND BE DONE:rock: :rock: :burnout:

I just now see where you live (Indio)..i used to hunt there years ago. I would ask for a new transmission, not rebuilt.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back