leveling kit

04RAMSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have JTSV billet leveling kit, how hard is that to put on yourself without a lift? I was thinking of getting the 1.75" to level the truck, does not seem that difficult but wondering if there are any hidden issues with the install.

Thanks for the help

I just did the JTS 1 3/4 blocks, made an attempt on jacks, forget it!!!! Did it on my buddies lift with impact tools, done in 15 min, no better way!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me save you some trouble, dont do some "mild" drop, because it will never be low enough. If you level it, in 2 months you wont even be able to tell you did anything. SLAM. IT. You will have no regrets.

Also, its not a 4WD, its a street truck that was made to haul ass, so in this case the lower the better.

I have a set of belltec lowering shackles that I will sell you they are the same ones from jtsvp and I will take 60$ shipped for them

this might sound stupid :confused: but as the way the truck sits with the springs under the axle, if you unbolted the u-bolts, would the back end of the frame just fall to the floor?

I was thinking if I put jack stands under the rear axle and then the floor jack under one side of the rear spring, unbolted the u-bolts and then let the spring down enough to slid in the block and then bolt back up?

would this work? trying to make sense of it in my head :dontknow:

thanks,

this might sound stupid :confused: but as the way the truck sits with the springs under the axle, if you unbolted the u-bolts, would the back end of the frame just fall to the floor?

I was thinking if I put jack stands under the rear axle and then the floor jack under one side of the rear spring, unbolted the u-bolts and then let the spring down enough to slid in the block and then bolt back up?

would this work? trying to make sense of it in my head :dontknow:

thanks,

That will not work.
Jack truck up with jack under pumpkin of rear end. Place jack stands under frame rail just in front of leaf spring or on front leaf spring perch. Let jack down when jack is compleatly released you will want tires to be off the ground. Remove lower bolts out of l&r shock. Now loosen ubolt nuts and remove ubolts. Take your jack and place it on the rear end towards the side you just took apart. Slowly jack up on rear end until you can place you block between rear end and leaf spring. Once installed lower jack install new ubolt and nuts. I would just hand tighten at this point. Repeat process for other side. Now torque down both sides once this is done install shocks and bolts. Process is all done. Hope this helps out.:D

PITA doing it on the ground and thats IF everything loosens up, tried it!!!!!!!!!! As for a total drop, not with the roads and parking lots around here, more than happy with just the blocks, no problems with rear sway bar either.....

I did mine with jack stands under the frame behind the doors after I jacked it up under the rear end and then undo the u bolts and lower the rear axle,install the blocks and reverse the process

Sorry I meant lower onto the stands undo bolts then jack the rear end up and then install blocks and reverse sorry I'm a little fuzzy headed today

Looks like my order shipped from Tony, should be here in a few days and will give it go. I absolutely hate trucks with negative rake, so I did not want to chance it withe the 1.75" even though everyone says it will still have just a touch of rake, my luck it would have looked like it was squatting, so I went with the 1.5". I am happy with the front, so I dont think I will do more than level, plus I ordered some new bushing for sway bar and such.

I have new LED tails coming in the mail as well. Like a kid waiting on Christmas :D

Looks like my order shipped from Tony, should be here in a few days and will give it go. I absolutely hate trucks with negative rake, so I did not want to chance it withe the 1.75" even though everyone says it will still have just a touch of rake, my luck it would have looked like it was squatting, so I went with the 1.5". I am happy with the front, so I dont think I will do more than level, plus I ordered some new bushing for sway bar and such.

I have new LED tails coming in the mail as well. Like a kid waiting on Christmas :D

if there not enough holler back at us, we will see if we can develop a 1.75 set for you sir, if you have problems with the installation also, give me a call
thanks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back