'Lil Help!????

MacInBlack

Reaction score
Hey guyz, I pulling the GroundForce "lowering kit" off my '04 RC and going back to the stock set-up.

What I need to know are the dimensions of the stock u-bolts for the rear. The dealer says there are none available anywhere and no one has any left in stock, in the US. (I find this hard to believe but that's the story they are sticking to)

I think the stock part # is 05290515AA. Any help would be appreciated. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's the part #. Wondering if in this case the bolts from a Hemi truck with a Dana 60 would be the same? If not with the dimensions I can have a set made up for me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guyz, I pulling the GroundForce "lowering kit" off my '04 RC and going back to the stock set-up.

What I need to know are the dimensions of the stock u-bolts for the rear. The dealer says there are none available anywhere and no one has any left in stock, in the US. (I find this hard to believe but that's the story they are sticking to)

I think the stock part # is 05290515AA. Any help would be appreciated. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's the part #. Wondering if in this case the bolts from a Hemi truck with a Dana 60 would be the same? If not with the dimensions I can have a set made up for me.

Thanks

Central Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Raynham MA shows 2 in stock.

Contact info:
191 New State Highway Raynham, MA 02067
(508) 823-0101

There is also a dealer in TN that shows 1 in stock and the Dallas warehouse shows 1 more. That is all of them in the country according to my parts department.

There is also a dealer in TN that shows 1 in stock and the Dallas warehouse shows 1 more. That is all of them in the country according to my parts department.

Very cool. Thanks

Here is a pic.

Very helpful.

If you give him the cross width as well he can go to any spring shop and they can make them:D

Yep, plus the diameter of the rod, I think it's 14mm but I need someone to confirm that for me please.

Yeah,I had them both,This one got left behind.:D

I need to know the diameter if you wouldn't mind giving me that measurement.
Then I can have all four made local.

This forum rocks!! Can't beat the help and advice :)
Amen! Thanks everyone for your help. You've been great.
John

That would be 1/2" stock.

When I roofed some threads on mine, I went to a local drop/lift shop. They had a 8 foot rod with all the stock u bolts the removed from lifts and drops. They told me to go find what I wanted free. I found the width and length I wanted and got one with a larger diameter rod. It had a much bigger nut too. All I had to do was open up the hole a tad on the spring perch and it fit perfectly. If I went through my post history I light could find the picture on how much more heavy duty the bolts I got were. It was startling.

That would be 1/2" stock.

Right on! thanks.

When I roofed some threads on mine, I went to a local drop/lift shop. They had a 8 foot rod with all the stock u bolts the removed from lifts and drops. They told me to go find what I wanted free. I found the width and length I wanted and got one with a larger diameter rod. It had a much bigger nut too. All I had to do was open up the hole a tad on the spring perch and it fit perfectly. If I went through my post history I light could find the picture on how much more heavy duty the bolts I got were. It was startling.
Sounds good, but, when you say a "tad" 'bout how much is your local "tad"?
Thanks for all the great ideas.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back