limp go pedal

silverqc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i am going to my girls house saterday night creeping along minding my own business, i come up on a L these two guys are looking at me like they have seen a ghost reving up the motor jumping it around ,so i am like screw it i am gonna dust them. so he hits the gas i hit the gas and my truck falls flat on its face:confused: i hit the gas peddle and its like a wet noodle nothing at alll:dontknow: .the l is way gone i pull over to have a look and the little plastic peice that hooks the go pedal to the tb is broke and it will not even start to stay on there ,so i idle with the hazards 2 or 3 miles to autozone to get some zip ties to try to make it work. after the slowest ride ever i made it got the ties and rigged it , limped to my girls peddle is real hard and wont go but 35 or 40 but better than walking:elefant: droped at steelership this morning :nurse: anybody else have this problem the plastic clip breaking:dontknow: guess they will replace the whole cable:dontknow:

Yeah,I had one come in once.The retainer on the end of the cable snapped off.Ordered a new one,installed it and it has been fine..:)

I had a similar prob with my Throttle the other day. Could nt get the truck to go past 60 mph.! Turns out the cable slipped off some loop on the TB and could only get about 30% throttle opening

Maybe thats why Annu Kummar cant spin his tires or some guys cant get under the 14's.:D

Could have been divine intervention.................ya never know. LOL

Better it happened there than when merging on the freeway or when you really needed the power.

patrick

very true srt gods could be looking out for me, could have been much worse if it would have played out

who knows how many infants and bald eagles you may have killed....

Every time the exhaust note rings in a street race, a bald eagle dies.

I had the same thing happen to me. Now I kept a cable end in the truck. I had only 2k miles when it popped off. :elefant:

is this going to turn into another AAA type of meeting? "hi my name is (fill in the blank) and my peddle went limp on me when i tried to use it 4 months ago"

side note sorry to hear you had the problem with your truck :)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back