lockable cover

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is the factory Tonneau cover & tail door not lockable and are there aftermarket kits available to change that? Otherwise I will be ripped off sooner or later... :dontknow:

I bought an electric tailgate lock from someplace online. I works with your factory door locks. Instructions were cery clear and easy to install. Works with the renote and everything. And once your tailgate is locked you're goo to go.
Jeff

belgiumbarry said:
i have a manual lock in the cover , it's a key as from a castle-front -gate ... :D
that's old fashion like the owner :D
I want a remote "blieb blieb" thingy

Jeff, do you have product ref or something?

Last edited:
Floor said:
that's old fashion like the owner :D
I want a remote "blieb blieb" thingy

Jeff, do you have product ref or something?

sorry , you're not Kyoto minded... there's a second tray under your hood at the passenger side... either for LPG evaporators or a second battery... :D

The one form 4 Wheel online is the one I have. At least it looks exactly the same, and I have had no problems with it.
Jeff

Well, I'm not an SRT-10 owner like you guys. I do however, own an 06 Hemi Laramie edition with all the bells and whistles...leather, moon roof, adjustable pedal, electric sliding rear window etc. You get the idea. Anway I put an ARE tonneau cover and it's tied into my powered door locks. So when ever my doors are locked or unlocked my tonneau cover does the same. It doesn't matter what brand tonneau you have. I just pay extra to have it installed. It even works with my after market alarm.

I have an electric tailgate lock similar to those listed in the above post. If someone tries to get in while its locked, the handle will break before it will open. It locks/unlocks with the remote, great buy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back