Long Island Blizzard

TREKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had the largest snowfall in our recorded history on Sat/Sun out on the eastern part of LI.

I posted some of these on the global warming thread.

We had drifts up to almost 6 feet in some areas. We recorded up to 30" of snow and two townships Riverhead and South Hampton declared a state of emergency.

The largest snowfall we had previous to this was the 1978 blizzard that recorded 21". We had 25" at 7am on Sunday morning still under blizzard conditions until it cleared out about 11am.

Enjoy...

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

9bc8c4c3.jpg

i am so ready to move to colorado. I love the snow and hate Florida and I have lived here all my life. Sucks to be that hemi tho. Good luck man

Love Snow.........!

Snow is much more enjoyable as a kid. First off, snow day=no school. Then make some cash shoveling driveways in the neighborhood.

Now, you dont get paid to shovel it, the kids are too busy playing video games, and with snow like this, your shot after 4 hours of shoveling...

And every year I walk around Home Depot looking at the snow blowers wondering if I should buy one this year....

Wow! That sucks. I think you would need more than a snow blower. Prolly a dozer... Good Luck and hang tight

ShaneKennett said:
i am so ready to move to colorado. I love te snow and hate florida and I have lived here all my life. Sucks to be that hemi tho. Good luck man

WOW i would trade you in a heartbeat

Nice pictures...makes our 10" snow look small.....though it was one of the largest for December here on record...average snowfall in Dec here is less than 3"..

TNVIPER said:
Nice pictures...makes our 10" snow look small.....though it was one of the largest for December here on record...average snowfall in Dec here is less than 3"..

Where's global warming when you need it...

I think they were all in Copenhagen... Heavy snow there too.. How ironic...

No offense, but I am real glad we didn't get hit with that.

Although we have a long way to go before spring.

Bill.

After my last two days of shoveling this crap called snow, I decided to put it to real use...

IMG_0716.jpg

FerrariTruck said:
wow, and i was bummed cause today it was cloudy, sucks to live in snow..

Oh my God............ I didn't realize this:

You have a scooo:puke:bert quote in your sigline........

Lord Jesus, kill me now...............:eek:

D

TREKER said:
We had the largest snowfall in our recorded history on Sat/Sun out on the eastern part of LI.

I posted some of these on the global warming thread.

We had drifts up to almost 6 feet in some areas. We recorded up to 30" of snow and two townships Riverhead and South Hampton declared a state of emergency.

The largest snowfall we had previous to this was the 1978 blizzard that recorded 21". We had 25" at 7am on Sunday morning still under blizzard conditions until it cleared out about 11am.

Enjoy...

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

9bc8c4c3.jpg
I want to see it do that here in Houston just one time. City would be shut down until mid summer and yes i would try to drive in it :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back