Longtime reader...finally registered, hello from VA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MowMoney

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Jon. I've been reading and researching on this forum for quite some time now. Figured I would sign up and introduce myself. I live in Chesapeake VA, and I own a lawn service company, hence the user name:)

I drove an 03 Hemi Ram Thunder Road for a couple of years, and always loved the SRT trucks. I added Nightrunner wheels to mine back in 06. Sold this truck in summer 2009
l.jpg

I ended up selling it so I could purchase my house. After settling in, I was on the search for another truck. I almost bought an 06 srt10 QC I saw for cheap, but it sold before I could even look at it. Ended up looking around for awhile, and found a good deal on a 07 Dodge Ram Electric Blue Hemi Sport

l.jpg

Its been a good truck. I've thought about doing a drop, SRT10 wheels, SRT10 hood, SRT10 bumper etc...then I thought about all the things I wanted to do and figured it would make more sense to just buy an srt10 and sell mine. Plus it would better suit my driving style :burnout:

So anyways...I really want an 06 QC, preferably black or mineral grey, with a sunroof, and low miles, and no wrecks/paint work, and under $25k. I've seen a couple that met the criteria, I just wasn't ready to pounce at the time. I think there will be some deals when gas hits $4 per gallon :)

I don't plan to do any major mods, maybe full exhaust, intake and a tune, and lower it. I have read some threads on here concerning transmission issues with the automatics. How many people are having issues with near stock trucks? I know from experience on other forums, you hear more about problems than you do about the ones that work properly....but I really don't want to buy a low mileage truck and have to build the trans just to have a reliable truck.

Also, I really want to lower it. I think the extreme rake looks kinda goofy. I would probably be happy with just having the rear level with the front, but a full drop looks sick IMO. I rarely need to tow with my personal truck, so no issues there. I read of people having vibration issues though when doing a full drop with the flip kit on the QC. Is this still a problem? I see the kit most people use is advertised as no warranty against vibration...makes me kind of hesitant. Any advice?

One last question...besides the normal things to look for when purchasing used, what are the key things too look for on these trucks? What things break or wear out early on these trucks? I've read about leaking oil lines and PS hoses...any other common failures? I really want to make sure I get the right truck, as I plan to keep it for a long time.

Sorry for the longwinded first post, haha. Thanks in advance for all your help, and I really can't wait to get one :rock:

Jon

I'll be the first to give you a warm welcoming into the VTCOA Jon! :rock:
You are creeper no more!

The only thing to watch out for with our trucks is Tony and the gang! :D

I like that 03 HEMI TR! Looks pampered. It's alright, I won't tell.. we all enjoy playing with our snake powered bricks! *vroom....vroom*

I encourage long posts. The more you can express, the better we can understand it.

Everyone has had different experiences with these trucks. Some are like tanks, others not. Ya kinda gotta have to drive one and listen/feel what's happening before putting the funds down. Some members here are in the 80,000+ fairly stock miles and still going strong.
Usually prior to purchasing one, an inspection should be done by a reputable VIPER Tech. Better to purchase one that for the most part is stock. I think unless you know the person and what was done to it and how it was treated, the chances of major problems down the road become lesser as opposed to one that had a blower on it. And if purchased, to replace all fluids, filters, plugs..etc is a good base to start with. WARNING! Waxing can become a stimulant...

But I'll let those who know more about the QC applications answer the rest.

You're with good people here. Enjoy your stay :)

Last edited:
Welcome........

Welcome MowMoney, Where In Chesapeake do you Live.... I'm Off I-664 close to the Chesapeake Sq Mall... :)

I'll be the first to give you a warm welcoming into the VTCOA Jon! :rock:
You are creeper no more!

The only thing to watch out for with our trucks is Tony and the gang! :D

I like that 03 HEMI TR! Looks pampered. It's alright, I won't tell.. we all enjoy playing with our snake powered bricks! *vroom....vroom*

I encourage long posts. The more you can express, the better we can understand it.

Everyone has had different experiences with these trucks. Some are like tanks, others not. Ya kinda gotta have to drive one and listen/feel what's happening before putting the funds down. Some members here are in the 80,000+ fairly stock miles and still going strong.
Usually prior to purchasing one, an inspection should be done by a reputable VIPER Tech. Better to purchase one that for the most part is stock. I think unless you know the person and what was done to it and how it was treated, the chances of major problems down the road become lesser as opposed to one that had a blower on it. And if purchased, to replace all fluids, filters, plugs..etc is a good base to start with. WARNING! Waxing can become a stimulant...

But I'll let those who know more about the QC applications answer the rest.

You're with good people here. Enjoy your stay :)

Thanks. I drive my trucks hard, but take good care of them. I plan to travel if needed to buy the right truck, I'm not afraid to fly out and drive one home. I will have to see if there is a viper tech in the area when I do, thats a good idea. I definitely don't want to buy one that has been sprayed or had a supercharger/turbo setup on it.

Welcome........

Welcome to the club...:rock:
Thansk!

Welcome MowMoney, Where In Chesapeake do you Live.... I'm Off I-664 close to the Chesapeake Sq Mall... :)

I'm in Greenbrier, about a mile from Greenbrier mall. I love your trucks! Maybe one day I could come check them out and pick your brain about them since you are close. Any meets planned around this area anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back