looking for a 68-69 charger

BOOMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am still trying to get my cash right. but i am dreaming about a 68-69 charger. maybe this winter if business stays strong, etc i might be ready for one. i really got the bug for one at the nats, and after we got home, i was contacted by a company to do some work for a car that will be in Sema. its a challenger that will have a Viper Engine in it etc. we will be doing the engine part of it.
now i really really want a 68-69 charger, so maybe everybody can keep their ears to the ground for me on one?
BOOMER

I have seen them on ebay - :eek: but they are expensive :burnout: :burnout:

I wish you good luck finding one, I have always dreamed of owning one of the originals, too :rock: :D :rock:

muzzy and i are heading up to a car show tomorrow "mopars on the mississippi" karen is bringing her camera, if i see somthing i take a pic and see about a phone number!!! are you looking for one that is restored? or already done?

BOOMER said:
now i really really want a 68-69 charger, so maybe everybody can keep their ears to the ground for me on one?
BOOMER

Gary-

I'm selling one of the two '68 Chargers I have. Not an NOM car, but it has a running 440 with a good 727 behind it. This is a great starting point for a custom, resto-mod, clone, or race car.

Body work is about 98-99% complete (just final block and prep is needed for paint, and a little work on the front valance), lines are good, and the frame is solid. The grill is in great shape, needing little more than a readily available chrome trim package. Door jambs and engine bay are finished, if you happen to like plum crazy. Side and rear glass is included, and you can get a windshield from any auto glass shop. Most of the chrome trim is there too. The rear quarter body pieces seen missing in the rear quarter photo are in great shape, and are included.

The interior is starting from square one, with the exception of a good back seat. However, I have purchased a good deal of the interior if you'd want to go black, including head liner, carpet & backing, upper and lower door panels, arm rests, etc. I could go through my racks of parts to separate out what I won't need for the other car, which will have a white/blue interior.

Might be a good opportunity for some barter, with everything we have in the works at X-Metal (happen to be wearing an X-Metal shirt today with a pit pass on it :D ).

Attachments

• 68 Charger left side.JPG
    68 Charger left side.JPG
    538.3 KB · Views: 1,708
  • 68 Charger right front quarter.JPG
    68 Charger right front quarter.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 1,584
  • 68 Charger engine bay.JPG
    68 Charger engine bay.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 2,324
  • 68 Charger left rear quarter.JPG
    68 Charger left rear quarter.JPG