Looking for Supercharger install near Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedMaestro

Reaction score
Hello V10 fans!
This is my first post, and I thought I'd begin by starting a new thread.

I've got a RED 2005 Ram SRT/10 4-door.
I love this truck, but it is so heavy that I want (need!) more HP!!
I was thinking of an additional 200-300. I know any more than that will involve beefing up the trans. & rear end.

QUESTIONS:
(1) Where can I go for a reliable shop near Sacramento, CA? (Los Angeles is pretty inconvenient).
(2) What kind of Supercharger is the most popular and reliable? (I don't plan on racing or drag racing it.) I just want more HP ... and intimidation.
(3) Can I do it for $10K? $15K?

Thanks in advance for your input!

-- The Maestro

I think the closest your going to get is Ted May in San Jose. If there is anything else you want to do to it like lowering it, headers, give me a call. I am in the east bay.

SpeedMaestro said:
Hello V10 fans!
This is my first post, and I thought I'd begin by starting a new thread.

I've got a RED 2005 Ram SRT/10 4-door.
I love this truck, but it is so heavy that I want (need!) more HP!!
I was thinking of an additional 200-300. I know any more than that will involve beefing up the trans. & rear end.

QUESTIONS:
(1) Where can I go for a reliable shop near Sacramento, CA? (Los Angeles is pretty inconvenient).
(2) What kind of Supercharger is the most popular and reliable? (I don't plan on racing or drag racing it.) I just want more HP ... and intimidation.
(3) Can I do it for $10K? $15K?

Thanks in advance for your input!

-- The Maestro

While it is a distance...you will not go wrong with DC Performance. They have an impeccable reputation with forced induction.

Yes $10 - 15k is an appropriate budget.

Do some searches to see what your preference is...turbo, twin turbos, Roe or Paxton Superchargers.

Welcome and enjoy!

welcome from nm enjoy your stay a lot of very smart guys on this forum...i for one, am not one of them ...but im sure they will chime in and get you fixed up...post some pics of your new love!!!

i think the roe is one of the simplest to install and get a tune for. I have one of the last thats not installed. If you get serious, send me a pm

Supercharger is Imminent

THANKS for the welcome & encouragement.

I've got much to learn yet on how to get what I want, so I'll study the threads...

Ultimately, I'll hand over some $$$$ to a reputable shop and let them make the critical decisions.

Other QUESTIONs:
(1)If I make a 4 to 8 hour drive to get this done, how many days do you suppose it would take to get the job done? 1, 2, 3, more? (2) What are your favorite shops in the LA area?
(I guess I could have my ride TRUCKED down and back.)

Good luck with all of YOUR great rides.... (1600hp?? Holy cr#p!!)

SpeedMaestro said:
THANKS for the welcome & encouragement.

I've got much to learn yet on how to get what I want, so I'll study the threads...

Ultimately, I'll hand over some $$$$ to a reputable shop and let them make the critical decisions.

Other QUESTIONs:
(1)If I make a 4 to 8 hour drive to get this done, how many days do you suppose it would take to get the job done? 1, 2, 3, more? (2) What are your favorite shops in the LA area?
(I guess I could have my ride TRUCKED down and back.)

Good luck with all of YOUR great rides.... (1600hp?? Holy cr#p!!)
thats flywheel it only made 1375 at the wheel!!;)

Jacksonville?! That's a LONG WAY from Sacramento!
I'm glad to see another SRT-10 fan with a 4-door!
I don't know what the STAT's are, but we are DEFINITELY the minority.
Thanks for the reply.

SpeedMaestro said:
Jacksonville?! That's a LONG WAY from Sacramento!
I'm glad to see another SRT-10 fan with a 4-door!
I don't know what the STAT's are, but we are DEFINITELY the minority.
Thanks for the reply.
I dont think QC are a minority. I think SRT's are a minority in Nothern Cali in general, well I seen a couple. Maybe they just dont know about this web page.

i certainly do feel like the qc r a minority in this forum most ppl r rc here or atleast those who post :D
DC performance is probably the best shop in L.A. i wont take my truck anywhere but there, even for simple tune ups & general repairs

Even for me that would be hard to calculate....
But you can start here and it may give you an idea
"http://www.catpawinc.com/Production

To ViperJeff: REALLY nice LINK! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back