Looking for Technicians pay 70-120k pr yr

SRT10VENOMOUS

1800HP Club. And climbing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for some new technicians who have experience in Telco/adsl or iptv,,, even if you have good experience in alarms cable, splicing, etc... long term work in Vancouver BC...

I qualify but WAY Too Cold up there, Even for That Kind of Money... Sorry... :)

No no no,, its not cold on the west coast,, hardly ever below freezing usualy in the 50s or 60s ... just lots of rain..

Is this for Twisted pair, ADSL, phone service installs?
Do you need to know how to hook a pole?
Supplies provided?
is the pay based on per completed sub. install? is it ONLY new installs?

I used to work for a cable co. I know a few installers that could do this. I'll talk them, see if anyone is interested

ill post the job posting that im running..below.. And yep twisted pair pots/adsl and IPTV, Install and repair, id say its 50/50 install repair but you can pick threw the calls and do more of whatever you like..

I&R Technician (BC Vancouver Only Permanent positions)

We are looking for experience I&R Technicians who ready to go to work, you need to know your limits of approach, how to use your safety gear, all your general phone knowledge, as you will have to be certified via an exam before you start work.. Will provide you with the general knowledge you need to know for the exam, and some material to look over, Its all very basic if you know the Phone industry. IE Colour code, ring voltage, etc etc....

We have had contracts in the past where we being moved from city to city and that caused a lot of pain for the techs, We are now only working in the Lowermain land of Vancouver, so " Vancouver city - Richmond- North Vancouver- Langley- Surrey - ETC its about a 50 Mile radius..

We are looking for techs who want to move up to Vancouver and stay permanently we are not looking for the tech who wants 5 months work and then jumps down to hurricane relief or whatever.

To get an idea how much you can make here on a permanent biases i will give you a couple examples of guys in the filed my worst and best.
My Slowest guy does about $1500 a week my best guy does $4500 a week. So I am looking for guys who would be fitting into that range somewhere The average guys are doing $2500.. So depending your work experience is and how you work you would expect to be in the middle of that somewhere..I know you all will think you will be the next best teck and be making the $4500 a week, but don’t think that as I've had many techs come to work who claim to be the best and well they are no where near the best. So realisticly look to be in the middle somewhere.

We are looking for guys who can do quality work, and plenty of it. This is not relief work where cutting corners and blasting threw the calls will get you anywhere, Every job for your first 2 months is inspected and depending on how you do from there they either inspect 1 job a week or 1 a month from there or if your not doing so good they continue to monitor each job you do until you pull up your socks...

Again we are looking for long term techs here guys who want to work in the same area for several years. And no we do not want you running off to " where ever " for 4 or 8 weeks every couple months that is not acceptable, You will have 2 weeks holidays your fist year and we can add 2 weeks every year you work...

Preferred Hiring Terms - Independent Contractor Location(s)
British Columbia 30 Positions available
Starting Date - Immediate Start Date,
Pay Rate & Details - All work is Piece Rate,
Please contact me for Rate sheet.
Pay is auto deposit and is 30 days out,
Can work with individuals if need help for the first month of work.

Qualifications
-Must have excellent computer skills,
-Must be extremely proficient in POTS/ADSL - IPTV is a bonus.
-ability to spur if necessary and prove you can do it safely,
-Must have Laptop,
-Air Card is necessary not mandatory,
-Must have cell phone-Must have all safety equipment necessary, IE... 5 Point Harness, C9970, -High voltage gloves, Traffic cones, poll strap, lanyard etc. Telus is extremely safety oriented you will not be aloud to work unless all your equipment is up to date and operational.
-Must have some sort of ADSL 2+ meter -Must have white vehicle
-Must have all your own tools- ladders -Must have CO punch down / wrap tools

Job Description - This is a Install and Repair technician position for POTS/ADSL which you must know, If you know IPTV that is great and there will be plenty of extra work for you and preference on work locations available.

The job includes working from the central office to the customers set.

You will be responsible for hanging drops if they are bad or missing,upgrading/installing nids,nibs, changing CO and Distribution pairs if they are faulty, Repairing/Installing inside wire in the customers home/business, running adsl/pots jumpers in the CO and X-Connects,You are not responsible for locating cable faults and fixing the fault, just a pair change is required and that new pair will be provided to you from Assignment. Each job we work on will need to be brought up to the new Telus spec.

Your payment options ---- You can go as a Contractor but you will need to do the following which include getting a INC company in the province you work in approximatly ($99 to $199), If you go INC you will receive full pay out for your bills including HST, You will also need to get Work Mans Comp and carry 2million general liability. ( aprox 1200 a yr)

Option 2 -- you will be paid based on a piece rate but pay you as an employee and we cover your Work Mans comp .If you are an American citizen you DO NOT have to pay tax in both countries you will only pay in Canada.

This is a long term contract we don't run our contractors 7 days a week 12hrs a day. But we can get you 6 days a week most of the time and if you realy want to work you can call into dispatch on your day off and they will usually book you that day as well.. But we want you to have a normal working situation if you need. So 2 days off a week is what we provide but again you can work more if you like..

So if you are tired of moving from contract to contract every 6 months this is the job for you....

We are guaranteed to have work only in the Lowermain Land of Bc which is the areas stated above, No moving from town to town like in the past.. This is permanent work in the lowermain land.. We have been here 4 years now and things have smoothed out and there are no more hick ups in the work as there use to be in the past.

Thanks for looking..

If you are interested please get back to me right away as we are under a time crunch to get you working.

I will provide you with a work visa for one year and renewable every year but if you get up here I recomend you immediatly apply for permement residency that way you do not have to renew every year and that way you can cross the boarder when ever you like with no troble for years to come.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.. YOU CAN NOT HAVE ANY CRIMINAL RECORD OR DUI EVER IF YOU HAVE YOU MUST HAVE A PARDON AND ALL PAPERWORK IN HAND OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CROSS THE BOARDER, IMMIGRATION KNOWS YOUR HISTORY BACK TO WHEN YOU WERE 15 YRS OLD AND THEY WILL HOLD IT AGAINST YOU NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS AGO.. SO PLEASE DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME OR MY TIME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ON YOUR RECORD THAT IS CRIMINAL OR DUI, UNLESS YOU HAVE A FULL PARDON IN HAND...

Is this for Twisted pair, ADSL, phone service installs?
Do you need to know how to hook a pole?
Supplies provided?
is the pay based on per completed sub. install? is it ONLY new installs?

I used to work for a cable co. I know a few installers that could do this. I'll talk them, see if anyone is interested

As well if you send me some good guys who stay for atleast 6 months and work well I'll hook ya up with a finders fee say a few hundred per guy...

I'll make some calls, I'll bet I can get some guys. The Cable Co I worked for had to let a few guys go, due to end of project.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back