Looking to get a QC SRT

DarkReign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, Im going this afternoon to look at a 05 QC SRT. The truck has roughly 89k miles on it and the owner is asking 17.5k. I was wondering how these tricks did with some mileage on them. I dont personally drive but 4 miles a day at most, but occassionally it will tow our trailer with 2 4-wheelers on it so Im wanting to make sure it will last a few years. On average I put MAYBE 10k miles a year on my vehicles just for a reference.

Thanks in advance and I hope this isnt a common question (newbie to this forum obviously) :)

Hi folks, Im going this afternoon to look at a 05 QC SRT. The truck has roughly 89k miles on it and the owner is asking 17.5k. I was wondering how these tricks did with some mileage on them. I dont personally drive but 4 miles a day at most, but occassionally it will tow our trailer with 2 4-wheelers on it so Im wanting to make sure it will last a few years. On average I put MAYBE 10k miles a year on my vehicles just for a reference.

Thanks in advance and I hope this isnt a common question (newbie to this forum obviously) :)
The SRT10's last very well. We've had a couple guys race there's often with 100,000+ miles on them.

Didn't we have a forum member that had 200,000 miles on his truck? I swear the guy broke a valve spring or something at some point, put in another spring and then ran it to over 200,000. I believe it was a QC.

Awesome, Im really glad to hear that. I'd never heard these engines having drastic problems but I figured Id at least ask a group thats been around them before going to look.

Also, is there anyway to tell if the truck has been tuned? It has a K&N CAI shown in the pictures so thats one thing I wont have to worry about picking up.

Awesome, Im really glad to hear that. I'd never heard these engines having drastic problems but I figured Id at least ask a group thats been around them before going to look.

Also, is there anyway to tell if the truck has been tuned? It has a K&N CAI shown in the pictures so thats one thing I wont have to worry about picking up.

Engine mods without proper tuning can cause drastic problems! A CAI does not require a tune, but the better term is "warm air intake". The K&N does sound good though!

Engine mods without proper tuning can cause drastic problems! A CAI does not require a tune, but the better term is "warm air intake". The K&N does sound good though!

Yea, I know it can cause issues but given the truck only has the intake and a catback exhaust I figured a tune wouldnt be mandatory (albeit happening as soon as possible :burnout: )

So after some dealings, the truck is mine!! I love it!! It has some gawd awful rims but ill be replacing those soon enough with a set of OEM's. It was dark after all was said and done but I attach a shot of the front. So after a few minor tweaks and refreshes, she'll be perfect, CANT WAIT!

Attachments

• 20151204_224301.jpg
    20151204_224301.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Unfortunately not everyone has good taste. But at least you have the sense to know what looks good. You might find a member here that has a complete set of wheels in great condition at a good price. :)

Congratulations and welcome from California.

I happened to notice last night that the transmission seems to shift a little hard going from 1-2 and a little lighter going 2-3 and basically baby smooth from 3-4. I was wondering if this is normal for these trucks? It feels like if you grab a gear real quick in a manual. It downshifts smooth, it is only snappy going up in gears. Anything I should check (fluid level is good in the trans)?

Thanks again!

I happened to notice last night that the transmission seems to shift a little hard going from 1-2 and a little lighter going 2-3 and basically baby smooth from 3-4. I was wondering if this is normal for these trucks? It feels like if you grab a gear real quick in a manual. It downshifts smooth, it is only snappy going up in gears. Anything I should check (fluid level is good in the trans)?

Thanks again!

Checking & changing the fluids is usually you first order of business with a new 10. Tires & brakes would be next. Then oil cooler & power steering lines if they are leaking.

Believe it or not, the hard shift is normal

Checking & changing the fluids is usually you first order of business with a new 10. Tires & brakes would be next. Then oil cooler & power steering lines if they are leaking.

Im planning on buying some plugs next pay check and a k&n refresh kit. After Christmas Im planning on buying atf and a trans filter and flushing the trans and checking the clutch bands while I'm in there. Brakes and tires are good for now (about ~70% left on tires and brakes). Ill definitely check the OC & PS lines while Im under it, so far no fluid has appeared on my driveway since it's been sitting so hopefully thats good to go for awhile. Thanks for some tips!

Believe it or not, the hard shift is normal

Really? That'd be nice cause it is a little worrying. I did notice the shift is a little harder if I'm babying it versus if i leave a light with a little more gas it seems to be lighter. I really wish there was another QC in the area I could test drive and see if its worse in mine or not.

Congrats mate I'm on Truck number 3. Great running trucks, not a day goes by that I get a thumbs up or are rubber necked:) I had a Red & Silver 2005.. My 06 has 160k miles and runs like a charm, of course she has been serviced like the Dickens,,,
Enjoy your ride mate...

thewelshm

Yea, I know it can cause issues but given the truck only has the intake and a catback exhaust I figured a tune wouldnt be mandatory (albeit happening as soon as possible :burnout: )

So after some dealings, the truck is mine!! I love it!! It has some gawd awful rims but ill be replacing those soon enough with a set of OEM's. It was dark after all was said and done but I attach a shot of the front. So after a few minor tweaks and refreshes, she'll be perfect, CANT WAIT!

Congrats

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back