Losing weight

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all you guys who may have found a few extra pounds over the years like me...There is hope.

I have passed the magic 50 lb mark, yup I am down 50 lbs from my peak weight. I can't believe the difference. Now when I pick up a 50 lb test case it amazes me that I actually carried that around every day.
My blood pressure is down, my knees don't hurt, I have way more energy, friends and co-workers that haven't seen me in a while are amazed at the difference.

Problem is though, my clothes don't fit anymore. I can't even wear my wedding ring without fear of losing it until I get it resized.
I also had to order new company shirts. A lot of my old XXL shirts hang like a potato sack on me now.

Going for another 20-25, if I can do it anybody can.
To do this I changed my eating and drinking ways, and did have some help from my doctor, it wasn't always pleasant, but trust me, it was worth it.

http://www.xenical.com/

YOU GO BOY!!!! I am very proud of you for your accomplishments!!!:D:D:D

Congrats!!! I could stand to lose a few lbs myself. I take it you have had a "Xenical Moment" or two. My wife has...and it's pretty funny, when it isn't happening to you.

TravPA06 said:
Congrats!!! I could stand to lose a few lbs myself. I take it you have had a "Xenical Moment" or two. My wife has...and it's pretty funny, when it isn't happening to you.

Yeah...no thanks...those farts you thought were just farts, ain't, it's pizza grease/oil that just squirted out your butthole. Only happens when you don't diet accordingly, which is a hell of a way to keep you on track!

Congrats on the weight loss!

Hmm..the BMI index says I am "considerably overweight"..right now I need to lose about 25%(!!!!!!!) of my body weight in order to be considered "normal"..On the plus side I am in the 22% of people who need to lose weight...lol

Congrats on your wieght loss by the way..lol

TravPA06 said:

Not too bad, it was hard at first until you get in the proper mindset and avoid the wrong foods. My doctor and I talked about my options and he gave me a lot of literature to read. So I knew what I was getting into and was prepared for it. But I just couldn't lose the weight by diet alone, I tried and become a 20lb yo-yo, up and down, up and down.
For me the medication was a tool for both weight loss and education, it showed me just how much fat some food really had. Hard to believe really, some things that a person thinks are healthy are incredibly bad for us.
Now I will never allow myself to get that heavy ever again.

What I don't understand is why my doctor wants me to take a reduced maintenance dose for a yr after reaching my target weight. Not sure why, but I trust him and will continue the program.

Congrats!!! Keep taking it off slowly, the hardest part is not gaining it back!

Congrats for not taking the easy way out "surgery". I commend you efforts. Keep it up and keep us posted:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Riff62 said:
Hmm..the BMI index says I am "considerably overweight"..right now I need to lose about 25%(!!!!!!!) of my body weight in order to be considered "normal"..On the plus side I am in the 22% of people who need to lose weight...lol
I think that whole BMI index thing is over-rated. A lot of people are telling me that they think I've lost enough already. I still want to lose 25 more and that still wouldn't be my ideal BMI according to the chart. I want to be a healthy, fit person, not a skinny rail.

Forged internals don't hold a candle to weight loss when it comes to long life.

Well done, and keep up the good work.

Congrats dude, losing 50 lbs is a huge success!!!!! Forget the scale and use the mirror as your guide. Muscle is way heavier than fat. Pump the iron if your not doing it already to sculp out your physique.

patrick

WOW! Congrats there Ken,I need to get into a simular program and get rid of some excess cargo,when you back for Christmas holidays? Give me a ring.

:congrats: Congrats Ken. That's a hell of an achievment. For me my weight loss occurs everytime I leave the country. My next endeavor will be a trip to Africa next month. I won't be out exploring since I don't think it's a very safe thing to do in Angola (where I am going) so I will remain on base where there is nothing to do but work, drink, watch soccer, work out (lift weights), play basketball and read. I don't drink and I hate soccer so that leaves me with little else but to come back significantly leaner...

Update

Well the holidays were rough but I kept at it.
I have now lost a total of 65 lbs. and 6 inches off my waist.:rock:
It's been a struggle, but also very rewarding.
Had to finally break down and buy some new clothes, even the old ones that I still had in the back of the closet were hanging like sacks.

Thats awesome, I am in the same boat as you. In the past 10 months I have managed to loose 70 lbs. Your right, alot of hard work and dedication goes into it, and you feel so much better! Congrats to you and everybody on their way to a healthier lifestyle.:rock: :rock: Oh yeah, it will also shave off a tenth or so on the big end!

wheredwhogo? said:
Thats awesome, I am in the same boat as you. In the past 10 months I have managed to loose 70 lbs. Your right, alot of hard work and dedication goes into it, and you feel so much better! Congrats to you and everybody on their way to a healthier lifestyle.:rock: :rock: Oh yeah, it will also shave off a tenth or so on the big end!
Well Congratulations are in order for you as well. :congrats: :congrats:
I was inspired by a close friend having a heart attack and requiring a triple bypass at 44. Now my weight loss has inspired many of my friends to seriously look at that Coke and a doughnut snack and maybe pass it up for something better.

Alberta-SRT said:
Well Congratulations are in order for you as well. :congrats: :congrats:
I was inspired by a close friend having a heart attack and requiring a triple bypass at 44. Now my weight loss has inspired many of my friends to seriously look at that Coke and a doughnut snack and maybe pass it up for something better.

i hit the gym alot, you can eat a donut and a coke every now and then, but its when it becomes an everyday occasion or too much. thats where problems start. its all about portion control and intervals. if you dont "cheat" every now and then, your bound to go overboard and resent the working out, etc...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back