LOUD ENOUGH???

SERPENT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up the truck Friday night from Modern Performance following a full re-build ie. pistons, rods, valves, roller rockers, port and polish the heads,port and polish the intake, 10 lb supercharger pulley,demon coils, custom cam ( originally built for Eddie),billett mains,Ram dual clutch w/aluminum flywheel. We did not however change the exhausts (Bassani headers, three inch catless mids and magnaflow exhaust). Can't believe how loud this thing is now. Even at idle the truck is just plain loud and now suprisingly lumpy and mean. Really have'nt wound the thing up yet, I'm trying to restrain myself for the first 1,000 miles. But my question is, does porting and polishing increase and change the sound of the exhaust??

Attachments

• IMG00060-20100715-1824.jpg
    IMG00060-20100715-1824.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 251
Any time you chance how much fuel and air goes through an engine, you chance the sound.

Bill.

Begood said:
Any time you chance how much fuel and air goes through an engine, you chance the sound.

Bill.

Problem that I had not expected is the attention this thing will attract from LEOs. Need to keep the truck streetable. Maybe a new exhaust. Any suggestions?

Not sure if a Mopar/Borla would do anything for you. Putting Cats back on would quiet things down but I doubt you want to go in that direction, lol.

FastRam said:
Not sure if a Mopar/Borla would do anything for you. Putting Cats back on would quiet things down but I doubt you want to go in that direction, lol.
Nope don't want to put the cats back on. Resonator sounds intertesting. Kind of a good problem to have.

I put Cherry Bomb glass paks on the mids where the cats were...toned it down and got rid of the drone.....my build and exhaust system was about the same as yours....ported heads, roe 10LB, forged engine, no cats with Magnaflow catback...stock cam though....it was loud....

Posts a couple sound clips bro! We want to hear her idle and rev!!

TNVIPER said:
I put Cherry Bomb glass paks on the mids where the cats were...toned it down and got rid of the drone.....my build and exhaust system was about the same as yours....ported heads, roe 10LB, forged engine, no cats with Magnaflow catback...stock cam though....it was loud....
Great idea, I have heard Larrys truck and it really sounds good.

SERPENT said:
Problem that I had not expected is the attention this thing will attract from LEOs. Need to keep the truck streetable. Maybe a new exhaust. Any suggestions?
:aetsch: ..You just paid some big-money for that sound, ENJOY!

Pretty close to the same set-up as you, and I love the sound..:elefant:

quick_silver-albums-quick_silver-s-best-picture3789-new-inter-cooler-dcperformance-002.jpg

quick_silver-albums-new-photo-album-picture18987-dsc-0102.jpg

Quick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back