Lowered the QC = poor ride. Suggestions to fix...

Any ideas how much the pinion angle changes when under throttle? I guess the best way is to eliminate axle rotation?

thats how much twist is in it under acceleration?

It's part of the reason I created a traction solution. Your springs look horrible honestly. You didn't get my email? Post pics here for others to compare to their own? I'll take some of mine as well. I have seen many sets of S-Shaped lead springs.

No I didn't receive your email.
I guess that means my springs are junk?
I have the new shocks arriving tomorrow so that'll be interesting to see how they alter it.
If it's a step in the right direction I'll invest in the springs mentioned earlier in the thread.
This mutha will not defeat me!!

If it's a step in the right direction I'll invest in the springs mentioned earlier in the thread.
This mutha will not defeat me!!

17937d1358857677-black-red-argh-do-.png

My problem is being in the uk and getting ass raped for delivery and then import.
The company that sells the leaf springs will only ship to a uk airport. Useful!!!

i have a friend living in Florida, who ships every week vehicles to Europe, mainly Germany.

He could help you out shipping it either to UK directly or via Germany to you.

If it is transported in a car it is really cheap, if it is in a Container it is still very cheap.

Just brought a set of B&B full cat back exhaust including freight / tax & customers for 250 € for a friend from Belgium from the US. The Transport itself was just 50 € or 40 Pound.

Just let me know.

Arne

i have a friend living in Florida, who ships every week vehicles to Europe, mainly Germany.

He could help you out shipping it either to UK directly or via Germany to you.

If it is transported in a car it is really cheap, if it is in a Container it is still very cheap.

Just brought a set of B&B full cat back exhaust including freight / tax & customers for 250 € for a friend from Belgium from the US. The Transport itself was just 50 € or 40 Pound.

Just let me know.

Arne

That sounds extremely good and very kind of you!
I shall be in touch :D

Well, I got these shocks specced and made up and the ride has been totally transformed.

The truck now feels planted to the road and I've been over some very rough roads and not hit the axle against the chassis once.

I specced the rears with 3 bump rubbers, based on the thought that it'd be easier up cut them off than to add them on.
Once fitted I cut 1 of the rubbers off and it now works a dream.

Before, you couldn't accelerate hard without fearing for your life. Now the truck actually feels slower because it's so much more stable than before.

It's now a joy to drive!!!

so the bump stops are made on the shocks???

I had the same issue that you're describing after I dropped my 06 QC with Boomer's drop kit with the leaf spring flipped under the axle. I had to completely remove the bump stops and used different shackles for the leaf springs because the rear axle was hitting the frame. I don't remember what shocks came with the kit but I used those. I still to this day have the vibration in the driveline upon initial acceleration, most likely due to the pinion angle. Even with cal-tracs I still have it and have accepted that it will always be there unfortunately; I guess its a common thing with 06 QC's but not QC's from previous years. The ride is a little bit higher in the back than the front but with the bed fully loaded, 4 people and towing a uhaul trailer I have yet to have any problems.
Nice shocks, what kind are those? I'll be looking for new ones pretty soon for all 4 corners.

You can add bump rubbers to shocks, but you have to take the end eye off the shock which is a pain to do so I just asked for there to be 3 fitted and that would give me the option to cut off what I didn't need as opposed to removing the shocks and adding ones I did need.

My vibration is a weird one. It does it under acceleration AND deceleration so the theory of the pinion angle being out can't be correct?
It's a real drone noise over a vibration. You can feel it through the gear stick though, almost like the box is solidly mounted to something.
It was causing my rear box seal to leak like mad but I've managed to reduce this by getting the prop balanced and sorting the pinion angle.
I have to get to the bottom of it as it drives me nuts.

In the uk, the cruise speed is about 90mph and that's when it's at it's worst.

I was thinking about getting this same kit, but now im unsure based on the problems you had. I have a friend that was gonna do it for me, he installed a very similiar kit on his 06 hemi. Is the srt 10 different from a hemi in the way its setup? Also what is the probabilty that i will have this same problem on my 05 QC?

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting this same kit, but now im unsure based on the problems you had. I have a friend that was gonna do it for me, he installed a very similiar kit on his 06 hemi. Is the srt 10 different from a hemi in the way its setup? Also what is the probabilty that i will have this same problem on my 05 QC?

The rear is similar the front is a lil different but same principal. Removal of bumpstops is mandatory.

Well, I got these shocks specced and made up and the ride has been totally transformed.

The truck now feels planted to the road and I've been over some very rough roads and not hit the axle against the chassis once.

I specced the rears with 3 bump rubbers, based on the thought that it'd be easier up cut them off than to add them on.
Once fitted I cut 1 of the rubbers off and it now works a dream.

Before, you couldn't accelerate hard without fearing for your life. Now the truck actually feels slower because it's so much more stable than before.

It's now a joy to drive!!!

Who makes these and how much?

Are they single or dual adjustable?

Nitron Shocks, you can check on the Internet.

They do all sorts of Shocks for the racing industry !

Very good Reputation !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back