LS1 Camaro

SWIFT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a small run in with a modded ls1 Z28. From a 40 mph roll with me dropped down into 2nd I had no problem putting a few lengths on him up to around 90 or so. He looked extremely suprised:D The car was sharp and sounded wicked! My biggest problem is trying to get it to halfway hook. From a 50mph roll in 2nd it spins pretty bad on the bottle. Its a handfull sometimes:rock: This was on the small shot. Gotta love nitrous. I cant wait to do some mods as the truck is still all stock except the spray.

That's funny..... Spinning the tires @ 50mph.

I want to do the same, but I'm not sure about the setup. Did you buy a complete kit and install it yourself? What size shot, Brand, Cost, where did you get it, ect.... Thanks for the help.

Rob

SnakeBite said:
That's funny..... Spinning the tires @ 50mph.

I want to do the same, but I'm not sure about the setup. Did you buy a complete kit and install it yourself? What size shot, Brand, Cost, where did you get it, ect.... Thanks for the help.

Rob
Zex truck efi kit. Small shot is the 125 and when I feel froggie the 175 goes in. The kit runs $799.00 and the only extras I have is a NX Bottle pressure gauge and NX bottle warmer. 2 step colder NGK plugs also. The numbers in sig are with the 125 shot. And that was on a hot motor and bottle pressure at 900. I'm sure if I would have let it cool down more and got the bottle pressure to 1100 or so it would have made 530+rwhp and 550+rwtq. I have not had it dynoed on the 175 but it should be around 570rwhp 600rwtq. This is all through stock exhaust. me and a friend installed the kit.

Ok, I see all that now. I went back and check your other posts and see the install ect. So the application chart says that is for a V8, I guess it doesnt matter?

I've also been trying to find out if doing the 125-150 shot with a Stage II pcm and flowmasters is going to be ok my automatic trans. Your thoughts??

SnakeBite said:
Ok, I see all that now. I went back and check your other posts and see the install ect. So the application chart says that is for a V8, I guess it doesnt matter?

I've also been trying to find out if doing the 125-150 shot with a Stage II pcm and flowmasters is going to be ok my automatic trans. Your thoughts??
If you tell them to tune the pcm for nitrous I guess it would be fine:dontknow: As far as the tranny goes I'm not sure, only time will tell. So far so good.

Im looking at your install pics and it seems like there is obvious evidence that a nitrous kit was present if you blow up the trans, remove the kit and try to warranty it????

SnakeBite said:
Im looking at your install pics and it seems like there is obvious evidence that a nitrous kit was present if you blow up the trans, remove the kit and try to warranty it????
Honestly if something were to happen I would probably rebuild it with much stronger internals and a nice stall.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back