Lube Question

Cruster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of the racers around here talk about Hyperlube. They use it to supplement their racing oil and build engines with it. It's been around since the 1950's and I remember some of the racers (few) in the 60's and 70's when I was a kid using it but I didn't pay much attention, can't remember why I wasn't all that impressed.

Anyway these guys are saying it's the cat's ass but what do a bunch of hick Montanan's know? I've read some stuff on it but not much more than the usual hype.

Any thoughts on this stuff or experience with it? Or thoughts on oil supplements for the 10?

I've heard of it a time or too but someone did a little hands on experimentation and if memory serves me all you really need is some Mobil 1 15w-50. That's what our engines SEEM to like the best

Yeah, I don't seem to recall anyone talking about additives, I've never used any but I thought maybe someone might have some thoughts. Apparently, not many :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Or maybe everyone's just sick of "oil" questions. :rock::rock:

some do , some do not, go with a good name thats been around a long time if you do , or do your research, but basically if it makes "you" more comfortable, then use it, I use something I would never tell anyone in the yota, but it seems to work well and I can see differences in mileage and oil

Never done oil additive but I do run a bottle of Lucas in the gas every month or so...

some do , some do not, go with a good name thats been around a long time if you do , or do your research, but basically if it makes "you" more comfortable, then use it, I use something I would never tell anyone in the yota, but it seems to work well and I can see differences in mileage and oil

Same thing I use in my old truck I bet, Marvel Mystery Oil ??? No, well, just a guess:D

Good to "see" ya, stink. Thanks for the reply.

The dealership in Texas I bought my 10 from added Z-Max when they did the oil change in her. I haven't used it since nor do I think it hurt anything. I don't think you need to use that stuff unless maybe you got high miles.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back