maf sensor or bad rebuilt transmission

Chingp40hands

Reaction score
whats up guys. i got this project srt10 quad cab that had a bad transmission i finally got it rebuilt. and i was tempted on giving it a quick pull to see how this truck pulls. but the thing is when i would floor it. it would switch gears right away. and wouldnt stay on a gear for a high rpm like it should when you stay on the gas pedal down. it would switch gears at around 2500 rpm like if i was feathering the gas pedal. i took it in to the guy who rebuilt my transmission and he says this has to do with me having a broken MAF sensor. and nothing to do with the transmission would this be true? i got a new maf sensor but im still waiting on a intake since the truck didnt have the intake either. i ordered a air intake but still waiting on it. so wanted to ask here maybe someone can chime in would the truck switch gears not letting me go past 3000rpm ? it will go through all gears and once rolling i will press gas pedal all the way down to see if it down shifts but it doesnt. i have a feeling maybe the transmission wasnt done right? what yall think?? thanks

forgot to add. truck does rev up to the rev limiter while on park or neutral

Last edited:
whats up guys. i got this project srt10 quad cab that had a bad transmission i finally got it rebuilt. and i was tempted on giving it a quick pull to see how this truck pulls. but the thing is when i would floor it. it would switch gears right away. and wouldnt stay on a gear for a high rpm like it should when you stay on the gas pedal down. it would switch gears at around 2500 rpm like if i was feathering the gas pedal. i took it in to the guy who rebuilt my transmission and he says this has to do with me having a broken MAF sensor. and nothing to do with the transmission would this be true? i got a new maf sensor but im still waiting on a intake since the truck didnt have the intake either. i ordered a air intake but still waiting on it. so wanted to ask here maybe someone can chime in would the truck switch gears not letting me go past 3000rpm ? it will go through all gears and once rolling i will press gas pedal all the way down to see if it down shifts but it doesnt. i have a feeling maybe the transmission wasnt done right? what yall think?? thanks

forgot to add. truck does rev up to the rev limiter while on park or neutral

search adjust tv cable, start there, also get a new mechanic, sorry but truth

Thanks for the reply bro I got the pic of what that cable was and it was off hanging -_-

MAF sensor? LOL. Like Tony said, get a new mechanic. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back