Magnaflow fitment

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I installed my MF catback and it does sound much better. One question, after adjusting all I could the tails are very close to the rear bumper cover. The little rubber at the rear seems to hold it that high. Anyone run into this and how did you deal with it? Thanks

if it's close but not touching, it's probably right. I barely have enough room to squeeze a rag in there to polish the tips!

I was the exact same way but just fixed it. Of course it was a muffler bearing issue....

I was afraid of the tips getting too hot and causing damage to the rear bumper cover.

I JUST fixed it by loosening the entire system and then wedging a block of wood between the tails and a part of the frame. Tightened it like mad and now I have about 3/8" - 1/2" clearance, I feel better now.

I don't suppose you have a before and after sound clip? :D

the rear mount attached to the rear bumper can be moved by looseing the 2 bolts that hold it, and then holding the tips down where you want them and retighten it

i used the rubber hanger from the original system that was closer to the front and put that on the back therefore making the back hanger longer...

BOOMER, as always, you the man, I still may move things a little lower and also try the other hanger. It is much better now but I don't want to torch my bumper too badly.

brandon93 said:
can someone tell me how much louder the cab noise is after the magna flow is installed, over stock??

It is louder. I don't have dB numbers for you or anything... But, it IS noticeably louder. :dontknow: I like it tho. :)

However, it does NOT "drone" like some systems do.

brandon93 said:
can someone tell me how much louder the cab noise is after the magna flow is installed, over stock??

NOT BAD AT ALL.LITTLE MORE NOISE, BUT O SO SWEET.
I AM WONDERING WHAT CATLESS MIDS DO ?? DO YOU GET THAT
ANOYING WINE AROUND 50 ISH M.P.H ??:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back