MBRP 4" exhaust . Freakin love it!!

Cbailey8971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a MBRP 4" stainless exhaust cost me 374 $ on eBay and looks and sounds awesome!! Best sound and fitment for the cash . I will post sound clip soon . Tip looks great too. I'm very happy with it. Just putting it out there.

Pic of mbrp

Ok this nuts can't figure out how to post pic or video . Sorry bit new

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 202
Load your video up on YouTube and post a link.

First time I've heard of someone happy with one, post it up.

Most also said Magnaflow was crappy sounding, sounded awesome on mine, it's all what the individual likes......mine sounded awesome from idle to redline, no rasp at all.............

I'll try to upload tomorrow. The clip I have doesn't do it justice. I will say for the cash I'm so happy with it .

My magnaflow with Mopar LT headers sound horrible IMO. Tom supposedly gutted the Hi-Flo cats so they would pass visual inspections in NC but I am wondering if he didn't get it completely gutted and they are clogged. I had Magnaflows on my old truck and they sounded much better...

My magnaflow with Mopar LT headers sound horrible IMO. Tom supposedly gutted the Hi-Flo cats so they would pass visual inspections in NC but I am wondering if he didn't get it completely gutted and they are clogged. I had Magnaflows on my old truck and they sounded much better...

It's likely the empty converters that make it sound worse. They give off a hollow/raspy note with the Magnaflow

You need to run a piece of exhaust tubing completely through the inside of the hollow cat. Then weld it back into the mid pipes on both ends. That Will normally take care of that hollow sound. Not that I ever did it before. lol

You need to run a piece of exhaust tubing completely through the inside of the hollow cat. Then weld it back into the mid pipes on both ends. That Will normally take care of that hollow sound. Not that I ever did it before. lol

I would just have them pull the cats out and replace it with a straight pipe. Tom did that to pass inspection in NC. I live in FL where there are no inspections :D

I had jmb catless mids and the Magnaflow sounded awesome, it was the newer one with the built-in x pipe, maybe that was the difference but can't understand so many saying it sounds bad.......oh well, have Magnaflow on my new ride and sounds awesome on that too......

I think my cats might be clogged. Is there a test for that other than cutting them out?

I think my cats might be clogged. Is there a test for that other than cutting them out?

Yes. You can tell if they are clogged by the taste. I know it sounds weird, but if you cover the tailpipe with your mouth, then have someone rev it up to about 5687 RPM, you will get a distinct taste in your mouth. A clogged cat will taste like warm day old beer. An unclogged cat tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Only one taste is desirable. Make sure you do this when the truck is cold, so you don't burn your lips on a hot tailpipe. :D

Some exhaust shops have a pressure gauge. Drill a hole in the pipe before the cat then clamped the gauge on. Depending on reading it I'll tell you whether it's blocked or not.
The way I found mine was looking down the head pipe after the engine was removed. I could see the front of the honeycomb starting to melt together & close on the right bank.

I have been running magna packs.. Magna flows glass packs for a few years now, I am satisfied. Funny though, when I dropped the truck off and discussed what I wanted and everything thing was good.. Pick the truck up and the guy put magnaflows on it. I had to drive around for two days sounding like a import.. It sucked Lol

I have been running magna packs.. Magna flows glass packs for a few years now, I am satisfied. Funny though, when I dropped the truck off and discussed what I wanted and everything thing was good.. Pick the truck up and the guy put magnaflows on it. I had to drive around for two days sounding like a import.. It sucked Lol

Got a sound clip?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back