Memorial Day

05RamSRTkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today is the day that no matter what your view is on the wars this country has fought we must pay our respect to those who have given their lives in defense of this country to give us all the freedoms we enjoy everyday. To all my brothers and sisters in arms and some of my best friends I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, Rest in Peace! Your memory will never fade!!

05RamSRTkid said:
Today is the day that no matter what your view is on the wars this country has fought we must pay our respect to those who have given their lives in defense of this country to give us all the freedoms we enjoy everyday. To all my brothers and sisters in arms and some of my best friends I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, Rest in Peace! Your memory will never fade!!
Amen sir.:rock:

Just got back from our visit to Riverside National. It's a humbling experience. Also just found out that they are opening a new national cemetery at Miramar. I believe that I am going to request burial there. I never served on that base, but my Brother-in-law has been stationed there for years now.

05RamSRTkid said:

That goes for all our guys from over here too

Mick in England

I spent many years with grandpaw putting flags on the graves of vets when I was a boy. My brother put the second flag on grandpaws grave this year (WWII).

I salute my brothers, here and gone! God speed!

my dad was in vietnam three times ,,,thats why my mom left him he kept going back ,,,i never understood it till i got older ,,he was in an air force base on the edge of cambotia ,that got the hell bombed out of it ,,,he still wears the scares all over his arms and chest ,,,he gets a small disability check of 300 bucks a month from it ,,and health care for the crap hole vet hospital system,,, what this country does for its vets is a crying shame :mad: they should be put on a pedelstal instead of a dump for health care:mad:

Ironhead said:
my dad was in vietnam three times ,,,thats why my mom left him he kept going back ,,,i never understood it till i got older ,,he was in an air force base on the edge of cambotia ,that got the hell bombed out of it ,,,he still wears the scares all over his arms and chest ,,,he gets a small disability check of 300 bucks a month from it ,,and health care for the crap hole vet hospital system,,, what this country does for its vets is a crying shame :mad: they should be put on a pedelstal instead of a dump for health care:mad:
I hope your dad knows we thank him for his service, Three tours is more than commendable. He deserves the best care available, As all of our military does.

mickster said:
That goes for all our guys from over here too

Mick in England

Indeed sir. I have had the pleasure of serving with some great people from other countries and couldnt be more humbled to have had them along side us. Soon they will all be home where they belong

also a big welcome home to the 4th Infantry Division after a year in Afghanistan especially my good friend Sgt Mcdole

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back