Message for Trainman (and other 1/4 milers)

BigRed460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the story of how BigRed almost stole the N/A record ...

A few weeks ago my clutch wore out, I want to try something differnt but I really didn't have any extra $$ at the time. I see a post for a toasted fidanza and a new F1 blade style clutch(CHEAP.) I bought it from Hiss and rebuilt the flywheel, and put it all in. While I was doing this I decied to gut the cats, and remove anything extra on the truck. The first trip to the track was on street tires and I managed 12.5(100+ degrees out side). I couldn't afford DR so I found some G-force KDW's for the back, and I have 2 spares for the front.

So yesterday I went for it, I basicly gutted my truck and headed out to sealy for a private track day. The race weight had to be near 4900lbs, weather was hot and I had a head wind. The time slip is below (car 1001, left lane)...

The only two mods I added were the flywheel and gutted cats, so coming from a person that actuly races the aluminum flywheel saves a huge amount of time off your e.t. I slipped the clutch worse than a normaly do launching and it still seems to be fine, it didn't "toast it" after a pass like some people on here seem to think.

So trainman stick your light weight flywheel back in and lets see a n/a 11!!!!

I may have a video later...

Attachments

• Track617.jpg
    Track617.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
BigRed460 said:
Here is the story of how BigRed almost stole the N/A record ...

A few weeks ago my clutch wore out, I want to try something differnt but I really didn't have any extra $$ at the time. I see a post for a toasted fidanza and a new F1 blade style clutch(CHEAP.) I bought it from Hiss and rebuilt the flywheel, and put it all in. While I was doing this I decied to gut the cats, and remove anything extra on the truck. The first trip to the track was on street tires and I managed 12.5(100+ degrees out side). I couldn't afford DR so I found some G-force KDW's for the back, and I have 2 spares for the front.

So yesterday I went for it, I basicly gutted my truck and headed out to sealy for a private track day. The race weight had to be near 4900lbs, weather was hot and I had a head wind. The time slip is below (car 1001, left lane)...

The only two mods I added were the flywheel and gutted cats, so coming from a person that actuly races the aluminum flywheel saves a huge amount of time off your e.t. I slipped the clutch worse than a normaly do launching and it still seems to be fine, it didn't "toast it" after a pass like some people on here seem to think.

So trainman stick your light weight flywheel back in and lets see a n/a 11!!!!

I may have a video later...
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

GREAT time!!!

It took me a 150 shot of nitrous and drag radials to run a 12.22

Last edited:
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
how the hell did you pull a 1.76 60ft on street tires?

Ride the clutch out...

HELL of a run Red....Need to change your sig line now....:driver::congrats:

Awesome run:congrats:
Don't forget to post you time slip in the time slip section:rock:

NBT said:
Ride the clutch out...

HELL of a run Red....Need to change your sig line now....:driver::congrats:

Thats the key, keep the motor way up in the rpm range. I like the torque that v10 makes around 4700...
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
how the hell did you pull a 1.76 60ft on street tires?

As far as exact tire, I've had pirillies(sp?), contintals, and now the g-forces; the g-forces stick 10 time as good as the other two. A spray bottle of vth never hurts either 1.82x I think was my old best 60' with the contintals.
moparracing said:
awsome run man, low 60 for street tires too !!!

what all did you "gut" off your truck?

Spare tire, jack, and tools
Sub and amps
passenger seat
center seat
a buch of the dash just pops right off, I though about taking it all the way out...
air bags
radio
mirriors
over head thingy
sun visors
a&b pillars
rear crash bar? I don't what it's called but it looks almost like a reciver hitch.
front tire swaped for 2 spares
my tranny rebuild saved around 8 lbs
wipers and motors
washer fluid bottle
door panels
and door and rear speakers

Two people did that in about an hour, anything that looked like it was lose we took off...

I think with a tune, some headers, a ported intake 11's are possible. If only money grew on trees...

Last edited:
:rock: :congrats: thats awsome man but yea the 22's really do hurt your time if you get 18's or 17's idk if those will clear the brakes up front, but takin the 22's of should be good for at least .2/.3 :rock:

maybe even a lil better Reaction time too, i think someone posted a game to help on that :p

Coley 1334 said:
:rock: :congrats: thats awsome man but yea the 22's really do hurt your time if you get 18's or 17's idk if those will clear the brakes up front, but takin the 22's of should be good for at least .2/.3 :rock:

maybe even a lil better Reaction time too, i think someone posted a game to help on that :p
Unfortunatley reaction time RT has nothing at all to do with your ET elapsed time. Reaction time is the time it takes you to cross the laser and stops as you do so. ET is from there on. Just a little friendly FYI!

I can attest to the BFG's being the best tire out there. I know they cost a lot more, but this things stick to asphault better than any other tire out there for the 10. (With the exception of DR's). Plus they look bitchin!!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back