Mid pipes question

venom 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im gonna order a set of the JMB mid pipes for my truck at the end of the week and was wondering if I will have any issues after I install the with the cel lights possibly coming on? I believe the mids come with new o2 sensors for the pipes but im not 100% sure.. Hopefully someone that has already installed these can shed some light on my situation, THX Fellas,any tips will be greatly appreciated.

If you get the 02 sims you should be fine but I have heard of some people having thrown a code. Mine didnt.

Are you getting the catless mids?.........Mine did have the holes for the o2 sensors......some have tied the O2 sensors to the frame and worked fine...some the sims as stated..

Im getting catless mids, how do the o2 sims work for the JMB SET-UP??..And do they come with the the new mids??

venom 1 said:
Im getting catless mids, how do the o2 sims work for the JMB SET-UP??..And do they come with the the new mids??

You have to buy the sims separately...but first try leaving them in..some never get a CEL....or let them hang from the frame..also works for some...and there are more ways which I am sure others will chime in.....we are only talking the downstream O2s..the upstream O2s will work normally..

They have the screw in syle, they've always been included (or should have been!)
Justin

The Sims screw in to the rear O2 sensor location. The rear O2 Sensors then screw into the sims. When my truck was running, no codes or problems were encountered.

same here no problems. Just check the blades on the o2 plug in's they tend to push out so use a pair of needle nose and make sure they are all the way out so they make a connection. But other then that I forsee in your future a big shit eatin grin when you hear them:D . Sound really good with the stock muffler to.:burnout: but too loud for me so I am doing the TNViper mod. :rock:

not trying to screw jmb, but they are not needed, spend your money on something else he sells and just have a good muffler shop take out the cats.

THX for the input guys:rock: Time to order very soon, I can't wait to wake the truck up, almost a full year for me and still bone stock:dontknow: Guess that's what 2 kids a year apart will do to your spare cash:D

ok basic quick overview of O2 sensors...

Newer cars/trucks have one sensor before each cat and one after. the front one measures the amount of fuel/air coming out of engine before it gets cleaned, the back one measures how clean it is AFTER the cat does its cleaning. now, the CEL comes on if teh rear sensor does not detect a significant change after the cat. its only purpose is to check that. the front O2 is what the ECU uses to set fuel/timing parameters. Now, if you remove the rear O2 sensors and hang them on the frame they detect a significant change after the "cat" and you throw no CEL.

Some say put them in a bag, no you cant. Newer sensors have auto heating mechanisms, and will melt the bag first time they heat up. Leave them hang plugged in and its all fine. there are a few other tricks but ill leave them for another time

Stanimal said:

Newer cars/trucks have one sensor before each cat and one after. the front one measures the amount of fuel/air coming out of engine before it gets cleaned, the back one measures how clean it is AFTER the cat does its cleaning. now, the CEL comes on if teh rear sensor does not detect a significant change after the cat. its only purpose is to check that. the front O2 is what the ECU uses to set fuel/timing parameters. Now, if you remove the rear O2 sensors and hang them on the frame they detect a significant change after the "cat" and you throw no CEL.

Some say put them in a bag, no you cant. Newer sensors have auto heating mechanisms, and will melt the bag first time they heat up. Leave them hang plugged in and its all fine. there are a few other tricks but ill leave them for another time
Thanks for the layout, I honestly did not know any of that:rock:

Stanimal said:

This is right, but like Justin said the Sims come with the pipes so you should use them. Id rather have them threaded into place than hanging on my frame. I used the Sims with my JMB pipes and never had a CEL.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back