mid pipes

rbabody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size mids? Have stock manifolds and mp cat back going to delete cats would there be any gain going to 3 inch or should I just keep it 2 1/2?? Thanks

The JMB mid pipes that I have are 3" from the stock manafolds to about 6" from the end. Then they neck down to 2.5" before going into the cat back. My Mopar cat back system is then 2.5" to the tip. If you have a 3" cat back you can either cut the end off & add an extension or order them with 3" ends for an extra $25. I love how this set up sounds. Runs damn good to.

The JMB mid pipes that I have are 3" from the stock manafolds to about 6" from the end. Then they neck down to 2.5" before going into the cat back. My Mopar cat back system is then 2.5" to the tip. If you have a 3" cat back you can either cut the end off & add an extension or order them with 3" ends for an extra $25. I love how this set up sounds. Runs damn good to.

Not to hijack the thread but I've been thinking of doing the catless mids and running stock headers to 3" all the way to the tips (my magnaflow CB is 3"). Ive heard that without the 2.5" reducer that the truck drones or you'd have to run a small H pipe piece to cancel it out. Is this true? Id hate to try and gain 1hp and deal with major droning from the ol' girl.

Not to hijack the thread but I've been thinking of doing the catless mids and running stock headers to 3" all the way to the tips (my magnaflow CB is 3"). Ive heard that without the 2.5" reducer that the truck drones or you'd have to run a small H pipe piece to cancel it out. Is this true? Id hate to try and gain 1hp and deal with major droning from the ol' girl.

If you have a recent Magnaflow they have an X pipe built into the muffler, they call it tru-x or something like that. No need to add another crossover pipe, IMO.

I had 3inch from the manifolds back to the magnaflow cat back on my old truck loved it. Since the mp cat back is 2 1/2 pipe that's why I was asking if it would even be with the extra $$. Because I could just remove the cats and be done and be cheaper.

I had 3inch from the manifolds back to the magnaflow cat back on my old truck loved it. Since the mp cat back is 2 1/2 pipe that's why I was asking if it would even be with the extra $$. Because I could just remove the cats and be done and be cheaper.

Don't know. That's just how it worked out in my case. Truck came with the Mopar/Borla cat back when I bought it. I noticed the right front cat was starting to melt shut when when the engine came out. Could not swing a new full Billy Boat system so JMB mid pipes got the nod.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back