Mileage

~27,000

I get 9.6 MPG right now and with the latest fill up at $3.92 a gallon, wish I could get better mileage.

just did about a 600 mile trip on all types of road ups and downs.....averaged 17.9 mpg.....odo reads 23500 or so....

i got this boner inspirin vehicle for that reason. it is a beautiful, awesome piece of machinery. even bone stock its looks & perfeormance is way above average. this beast can do the quarte mile, the twisty bits, cruise slow, some low altitude flyin & make little kids smile from ear to ear with grace, charm & aggressive attidude like no other.
dodge did a most excellent job on this one.
so why not check the fuel mileage every once in awhile? inbetween WFO sessions of course.
sounds like he checks his fuel mileage also. so whats the prob?

ZCx said:
i got this boner inspirin vehicle for that reason. it is a beautiful, awesome piece of machinery. even bone stock its looks & perfeormance is way above average. this beast can do the quarte mile, the twisty bits, cruise slow, some low altitude flyin & make little kids smile from ear to ear with grace, charm & aggressive attidude like no other.
dodge did a most excellent job on this one.
so why not check the fuel mileage every once in awhile? inbetween WFO sessions of course.
sounds like he checks his fuel mileage also. so whats the prob?
Sound about right..

I average around 12 on the street .. ben as higha s 21 MPG on HW

I hit 23.something once on a little road trip, but only for a couple of minutes. Usually it's in the upper teens when I'm cruising in 6th.

As for odometer mileage, I'm encouraged by some of the post I've seen. I've got 11,600 miles on my 06', and she's asleep now until at least April. I don't think that's too high, but I just don't wanna rack up a lot of miles.

04... with 17,125 on her... logged close to 3k on her to the Nat's and back... averaged 15 mpg the entire trip..including the passes at the dragstrip:rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

nycstev said:
Hit 25 mpg yesterday for a good strech

So an improvement with the new tune's Sean sent you?:dontknow:

nycstev said:
Oh yes. You have it?

Yes...loaded it for the first time last night... Also have the new TB on...so all together...much improved. Did not get too much drive time with it...but did warm her up good...:burnout: :burnout: right through second gear...:rock:

NBT said:
Yes...loaded it for the first time last night... Also have the new TB on...so all together...much improved. Did not get too much drive time with it...but did warm her up good...:burnout: :burnout: right through second gear...:rock:
Noticed I was getting a little throttle sticking off idle with new TB when engine was hot. Havin Viper tech look at it..

Just turned 50,000 miles on my 05 RC. On my fourth set of tires but still original clutch. Must be doing something right :rock: As for mpg? Frankly its better than my last vehicle....so I tell my wacko environmental friends. In reality I could really care less :D

You wanna talk about shitty gas mileage? Try the 1997 F-350 one ton dump truck I used to have! It was a 5 speed with a 460ci gas engine in it. Loaded or unloaded, it didn't matter. It always got less than 10 mpg.

Back when gas was under 2 bucks/gallon I was going through 75-100 bucks/day when the truck was in service all day long. Even still it was a great truck, and I wish I had it now. It might have been a gas hog but it was pretty reliable. Never had a problem with it, and most of the time it was hauling 4-5 tons of blacktop and a lowboy trailer with a roller, sometimes a bobcat and various tools. Not to mention the spreader box that weighed a good 250lbs that was winched up to the tailgate. All that..and it wasn't even a superduty. It was a regular ol' F-350 XL dually with a dump body on it. It was a kickass truck. I have some pics of it somewhere..I'll post them on here sometime. Man I miss that truck..but I don't miss paving.

But as far as fuel mileage is concerned, I don't see what the big deal is with the Viper trucks. Most owners don't drive them everyday and rack up a lot of miles on them, so they're not guzzling nearly as much gas as they are in the same given time period in their daily driver. Plus I think we all agree it's been proven these trucks can get above 20mpg on the highway. Not too bad for 505 cubic inch engine. These trucks gulp gas at WOT, but they should. They're actually pretty average as far as trucks go when they're not being driven hard.

sealalot said:
You wanna talk about shitty gas mileage? Try the 1997 F-350 one ton dump truck I used to have! It was a 5 speed with a 460ci gas engine in it. Loaded or unloaded, it didn't matter. It always got less than 10 mpg.

Back when gas was under 2 bucks/gallon I was going through 75-100 bucks/day when the truck was in service all day long. Even still it was a great truck, and I wish I had it now. It might have been a gas hog but it was pretty reliable. Never had a problem with it, and most of the time it was hauling 4-5 tons of blacktop and a lowboy trailer with a roller, sometimes a bobcat and various tools. Not to mention the spreader box that weighed a good 250lbs that was winched up to the tailgate. All that..and it wasn't even a superduty. It was a regular ol' F-350 XL dually with a dump body on it. It was a kickass truck. I have some pics of it somewhere..I'll post them on here sometime. Man I miss that truck..but I don't miss paving.

But as far as fuel mileage is concerned, I don't see what the big deal is with the Viper trucks. Most owners don't drive them everyday and rack up a lot of miles on them, so they're not guzzling nearly as much gas as they are in the same given time period in their daily driver. Plus I think we all agree it's been proven these trucks can get above 20mpg on the highway. Not too bad for 505 cubic inch engine. These trucks gulp gas at WOT, but they should. They're actually pretty average as far as trucks go when they're not being driven hard.

Very well put! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back