Minus 35 SRT-8 Challengers

hemi killer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
See article below after recent storms here in the midwest.

Bruce

DBC Dealers:

If you live anywhere near Omaha, NE you know about the substantial storm that ripped through the city
this past Saturday. The damage from wind and hail is so significant there are still power outages
with downed trees and power lines. The golf ball sized hail caused significant damage to structures
and vehicles in bay at the rail yard in Council Bluffs, Iowa (Eastern suburb of Omaha).

The very unfortunate news is that every vehicle sitting in bay at Council Bluffs received significant
damage and will likely be bought back and sent t auction. The vehicle list includes (35) Dodge Challenger
SRT8s. The damage to these vehicles is not dentless paint repair. The damage is significant and includes
broken windshields and headlights. Most body panels will have to be replaced. Therefore these units will be
re-classified as "Act of God, major transportation damage" and will be sold at auction.

There is nothing that can be done to recover a unit bought back. The vehicles are now on "Hail Storm" hold
and awaiting Insurance Inspection and buy back. Obviously this is devastating news to those people waiting
for one of the 35 Dodge Challengers that were effected. There is no avenue to replace these units as the
production has been filled for the 2008 model year.

Please do not contact Sierra Mountain Express in Council Bluffs, to check the status of your vehicle. They are
scrambling to catch up with the situation and everything is on hold waiting inspection. You can see the status of
your vehicle in DealerConnect.

We apologize for this unfortunate situation.

DBC Distribution

hemi killer said:
"Act of God, major transportation damage"
...sounds like a salvage title. No thanks...

will increase the value of the cars a lil... no more dealer cost lol.. .28 people fighting for a new car ..

SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM!! i have heard dealerships are selling cars out from under buyers who have put a deposit down. seems like a good excuse here for them to tell those buyers that the car was damaged by hail even if it wasn't - so that they can sell the car at a higher price to someone else.

Yep....

We need pics of the damage........har har

I'd buy one for a drag strip toy I wouldn't care if its a salvage title then.

Can you imagine how those 35 pre-order owners might feel? If that story is true.. that's some BAD friggin' luck. I doubt a dealer would go through all that trouble to cash in since it would be easy to get caught, but who knows these days. Oh well, there's always eBay! (open your wallet!)

The cars will be repainted. The damage does not effect the mechanicals of the car. My '07 Denali had to be repainted due to poor factory paint but GMC didn't even discount or allow a return.

AWDisuzu said:
SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM!! i have heard dealerships are selling cars out from under buyers who have put a deposit down. seems like a good excuse here for them to tell those buyers that the car was damaged by hail even if it wasn't - so that they can sell the car at a higher price to someone else.
yeah ive heard that too:D checked on mine this morning its in quality control so hopefully im still safe

eddie102870 said:
yeah ive heard that too:D checked on mine this morning its in quality control so hopefully im still safe

I sure do hope so Eddie, you have had enough trouble already.

AWDisuzu said:
Definately possible!

Those pics were taken at the Omaha Auto Auction and that is off of the interstate. I took the same ones last night. They most likely will be gone today.

Bruce

Back