Missin the truck

05RamSRTkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now I have a 79 Dodge custom with a 318 and a few mods. Nothin special. The other day I was at a light and an 05 silver rc pulled up next to me. I knew the guy as he previously owned a 04 Rumblebee. Well needless to say I was a litle teary eyed. and to top it off He smoked me off the line. I attempted to catch up but the 79 has...no balls. Damn I miss my SRT!!

I really feel your pain. Since my truck blew a piston I have lined up with all types of SRT-8's and Cobras. There is even a rumble bee on the base that has SRT wheels.

05RamSRTkid said:
So now I have a 79 Dodge custom with a 318 and a few mods. Nothin special. The other day I was at a light and an 05 silver rc pulled up next to me. I knew the guy as he previously owned a 04 Rumblebee. Well needless to say I was a litle teary eyed. and to top it off He smoked me off the line. I attempted to catch up but the 79 has...no balls. Damn I miss my SRT!!

Thats OK Brother, to us nothin has changed!!:rock: :rock:

Well, they are cheaper than ever right now to buy another one bro. If you handle paying a $100 per fill up. :(

The only thing I like about the rain is that I will not drive it those days thus saving miles and gas.

Indeed. I never drove in the rain either. Of course everyone wanted to either drive it or ride in it whenever we all went somewhere. Guess I am lucky to not have to pay all that for gas. It hurt me just payin around 80 dollars. Im hopin that the VA finalizes the claim soon and I can start my life again. I am up and walking now even without the cane and wheelchair. So now its back to the gym and getting back on track. Im sure that within the next few years I can get another one..that is if gas doesnt go any higher :)....

05RamSRTkid said:
Indeed. I never drove in the rain either. Of course everyone wanted to either drive it or ride in it whenever we all went somewhere. Guess I am lucky to not have to pay all that for gas. It hurt me just payin around 80 dollars. Im hopin that the VA finalizes the claim soon and I can start my life again. I am up and walking now even without the cane and wheelchair. So now its back to the gym and getting back on track. Im sure that within the next few years I can get another one..that is if gas doesnt go any higher :)....
good luck to you and I wish you my best :rock:

TREKER said:
Well, they are cheaper than ever right now to buy another one bro. If you handle paying a $100 per fill up. :(

The only thing I like about the rain is that I will not drive it those days thus saving miles and gas.

I might have put 100 miles on mine since March. It's a garage queen now. I had fun with it my first year (14,000 miles in ONE driving season). This year, a few mods and a few Sunday drives are all I'm doin'. Shit, I dropped 1k last month on paint work. 14,000 miles of driving in the shithole known as western PA, and you're bound to have a dozen or so dings and paint scratches. Also a couple of key scratches too. Around here, if you drive anything fancier than a Colbalt SS, you can bet people are gonna be jealous and you can expect a key job at some point.

sealalot said:
I might have put 100 miles on mine since March. It's a garage queen now. I had fun with it my first year (14,000 miles in ONE driving season). This year, a few mods and a few Sunday drives are all I'm doin'. Shit, I dropped 1k last month on paint work. 14,000 miles of driving in the shithole known as western PA, and you're bound to have a dozen or so dings and paint scratches. Also a couple of key scratches too. Around here, if you drive anything fancier than a Colbalt SS, you can bet people are gonna be jealous and you can expect a key job at some point.

I am suprised the ex-to be has not messed with it as well.... :eek:

I know the feeling though. Another day of rain here so the rig sits quietly in the garage.

Tomorrow looks like the first day in over a week for good weather to take the beast out.

TREKER said:
I am suprised the ex-to be has not messed with it as well..

You mean the ex...period. My divorce has been settled! Woo-hoo! And I still have my Viper truck! Double Woo-hoo! Since they give the woman everything in a divorce these days, I feared I would lose the truck. I guess her new boyfriend didn't like the looks of it though. Or maybe it wasn't "green" enough for his tree-hugging hippie ass. Who knows?

But yeah. Now I can talk all sorts of shit on that nasty bitch...since she ain't my wife anymore!

sealalot said:
You mean the ex...period. My divorce has been settled! Woo-hoo! And I still have my Viper truck! Double Woo-hoo! Since they give the woman everything in a divorce these days, I feared I would lose the truck. I guess her new boyfriend didn't like the looks of it though. Or maybe it wasn't "green" enough for his tree-hugging hippie ass. Who knows?

But yeah. Now I can talk all sorts of shit on that nasty bitch...since she ain't my wife anymore!

Well I will live through you vicariously for now until mine is settled. I have a way to go. Kids, house, some other stuff. I hope I keep the rig as well. Glad it worked out for you bro.

05RamSRTkid said:

Good to see you posting. I wish you the best of luck for your situation to turn around.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back