Mod-Horsepower Gain List/Calculator.

Ive seen a few stock QC's dyno less than 400 (387rwhp to be exact on one). The auto cost ya a bit at the wheels...

TNVIPER said:
I would bet you are close..

yea thats what a few guys 10's dynoed in austin around 445 at the wheels on a hot day :burnout:

Scrambler1 said:
My QC was 425 stock. Like others have said ~440 as you are now.
The guys with ACs below 400 had to have issues. Mine at 30K miles bone stock on that same hot Ausitn TX day pulled 423/402tq. I've seen most QCs and RC dyno the same in factory form although logic puts the Auto tranny with more driveline loss lower? :dontknow:

VENOMOUS1 said:
The guys with ACs below 400 had to have issues. Mine at 30K miles bone stock on that same hot Ausitn TX day pulled 423/402tq. I've seen most QCs and RC dyno the same in factory form although logic puts the Auto tranny with more driveline loss lower? :dontknow:

I would tend to agree. Mine was dynoed in Ga where our lowest humidity is ~50%. No two engines are the same and it wouldn't take much to make a cookie cutter (such as a stock one) tune cost you 15-20hp. Not a mechanical problem but a tune issue.

the qc were downtuned by dodge to around 475hp to increase the towing capacity. BY FAR THE BEST MOD TO PUT ON A QC IS A TUNE. on the qc u can expect up to 70 hp, bringin u up to around 545hp, for a mere 300/400 bucks

viperpwred said:
the qc were downtuned by dodge to around 475hp to increase the towing capacity. BY FAR THE BEST MOD TO PUT ON A QC IS A TUNE. on the qc u can expect up to 70 hp, bringin u up to around 545hp, for a mere 300/400 bucks

Agreed, a performance tune is a must-do mod on a QC.
You won't see an additional 70 PEAK horsepower with a performance tune though; you might see 25.
What you will see is a big increase in power (especially torque- around 80 ft. lbs. of it) BEFORE the r.p.m. where peak (or the maximum power numbers) are reached.
My own QC went from 389 wheel stock, to 423 WITH a performance flash AND a catback exhaust but chopped nearly a full second off of the E.T. Normally, to drop a second would require a 100 horsepower boost and would show a 10 m.p.h. gain. I picked up 4 m.p.h. with the (2) mods.

The actual gain with the performance tune on these trucks can be a tough one to understand. Most of the power increase happens BEFORE it reaches the maximum values; Some say "under the curve".

Hope this helps...

Ronnie

I have all the bolt on's ...

Headers
Mids - w/hi-flows
Magnaflow
JMB CAI
Dynoed at 466 RW ......
scan0008sm.jpg

Then I installed X-metal TB and SCT Tune using Dyno info.
Haven't got back to the dyno yet, but hoppin for 490+ Rw and close to 600 FW.
We'll see ......

JimTeTe said:
I have all the bolt on's ...

Headers
Mids - w/hi-flows
Magnaflow
JMB CAI
Dynoed at 466 RW ......
scan0008sm.jpg

Then I installed X-metal TB and SCT Tune using Dyno info.
Haven't got back to the dyno yet, but hoppin for 490+ Rw and close to 600 FW.
We'll see ......

I think you should be real close to that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back