mopar headers?

xtreme2424

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys have any of you put on a set of headers in your garage? Just wondering how hard it is. The headers on the charger was a b%tch.
Seems to be alot more room on the srt-10 I am really wanting to do it.

hahahaaha I put headers on my 5.7 liter Magnum RT and that was a bitch like your charger! the truck is not as bad and much eaiser to get at the bolts but it still takes a bit of time you have to remove the battery tray and fenderwells to really open up access.....if you have time and patience go for it!

Battery tray didn't have to come out on mine. Just the fender liners and it was a piece of cake. 4-5 hours if you are slow. :dontknow:

Put mine on and had no problems, just took me a day. I work slow, Remove bolts,beer, remove bolts, beer.

Silverback said:
Where are those damn bolts, beer.......;) :D :rock:

They are the bolts that take the longest to get out.

Mine went in fairly easily.....after I figured out that you feed them through the bottom, not the top!:idea:

I have Bellangers, so I am assuming they would install the same way.

got the complete oem systme out in no time. installing the headers, catless mids and cat back system took about 8 hours to install start to finish. hint it can be done with out taking the battery out and a sugestion take the brake master and booster out for more room.

good luck and enjoy

BurntRubber and I did his in my garage in about 8 hours for both the Bassani Headers, and CatBack... including about an hour for a lunch break...

cool I feel I can acomplish this now. I just am trying too find best price now for the mopars....

Just in case you don't see it on your own, you have to undo the steering shaft and feed it through the headers. You can kind of see in this picture.
DSC00068.jpg

Scrambler1 said:
Just in case you don't see it on your own, you have to undo the steering shaft and feed it through the headers. You can kind of see in this picture.
DSC00068.jpg

Dude! Thats going the extra mile to help a fellow forum member.....pulling your engine just so you can get the perfect picture! :rock: :rock: :D

lol, thanks I do what I can, you can even see the welded cross member that was talked about in another thread!

Joe

Are you guys freaking serious that the Steering shaft and battery box (battery, brake booster, wtf?) have to come out to put the Mopar Headers on???:dontknow:

None of that comes off to put the Belangers on. They slide right in from the bottom without taking anything else off.:rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Are you guys freaking serious that the Steering shaft and battery box (battery, brake booster, wtf?) have to come out to put the Mopar Headers on???:dontknow:

None of that comes off to put the Belangers on. They slide right in from the bottom without taking anything else off.:rock:

I am glad I made this thread . I am leaning towards belangers or x-metal.

ViperTruck2933 said:

Oh and another warning, the bolts are a pain in the ass to get to w/o taking the fender liners out. That would go for any header. I paid someone to install mine and would reccomend that approach to anyone:D

Joe

I enjoy the challenge:D I am a sucker for wrenching nightmares.LOL

I think I invented a few new cuss words doing the headers on our charger.

xtreme2424 said:
I enjoy the challenge:D I am a sucker for wrenching nightmares.LOL

I think I invented a few new cuss words doing the headers on our charger.

That's awesome you traded in a Daytona Ram for your SRT. I did the same thing! I had a Silver Quad Cab Daytona #7598. I had it for less than a month. I can't even tell you why I bought it.

REMOVE THE NEG. BATTERY CONNECTION!!!
The gaskets are aluminum and will fall apart when you take the original manifolds off. If they come in contact with the starter, you will arc.
Arc'ing is bad.

Go in from the side (fender well). MUCH MUCH MUCH easier.
Oh, and you'll need to take the wheel off too. :)

It helps to have a 2nd person to align the header when putting the bolts back in. Keeping the gasket aligned while holding up a header and trying to insert a bolt is no party. :D

Kevan said:
REMOVE THE NEG. BATTERY CONNECTION!!!
The gaskets are aluminum and will fall apart when you take the original manifolds off. If they come in contact with the starter, you will arc.
Arc'ing is bad.

Go in from the side (fender well). MUCH MUCH MUCH easier.
Oh, and you'll need to take the wheel off too. :)

It helps to have a 2nd person to align the header when putting the bolts back in. Keeping the gasket aligned while holding up a header and trying to insert a bolt is no party. :D

Definatly remove the NEG. Battery.... i had a few sparks on mine... :D

As for the side fender wells, well i never removed mine and it wasn't that hard. But you definatly need 2 people for this approach as one will have to hold the headers and the other screw in the bolts. A chair really helps you lean into the engine a lot more and gain access to the rear bolts!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back