Mopar Headers

VPRRAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought the Mopar Headers form VPRPWRD, and they look great. Today I dropped them off to get them ceramic coated.

They came with the bolts, but I'm going to buy either the Stage 8 kit or get some ARP's from Tony. I'm also going to get the spark plug boots from him.

Couple of questions: What else do I need? do I need to get the O2 sensor simulators? I am going to leave the back 2 cats. I do have the MBRP cat back 4" system (bought from Tony). I noticed the Mopar kit has some wiring items.

I would appreciate any advice from someone that has done the Mopar headers.

I have a QC 2005.

Thanx for any help, just want to get everything I need before I pull her apart.

VPRRAM

Your stock mids (cats) will not bolt up to the longtubes. You need the O2 sensor extenders to reach the O2 sensors. You have to unbolt your steering column (1 bolt) and slide it up and then through the header. Put the supplied heat shield on at this point. You will have to trim your inner fenders a little bit, or they will melt. Follow the supplied instructions and it will go fairly smoothly. My biggest headache was trying to remove the inside flange bolts on the stock manifolds. If you do not have a tune and do not use cats, the rear O2 sensors will throw a code.

PS. I am looking for the mids, if you are not going to use them.

Do NOT put spark plug boots on! They will cook your wires unless they are MSD wires !! Already been through it!! Just a friendly warning!!

Do NOT put spark plug boots on! They will cook your wires unless they are MSD wires !! Already been through it!! Just a friendly warning!!

So true. I have been running the stock wires with no shields for about three years, stock heads and Strikers and have had no issues.

OK, I guess Tony wont be getting a sale on the spark plug boots...

I am going to use the mids, sorry.

VPRRAM

Yessir, plug wire protectors arent neccessary, and can actually insulate the heat on the plug wire boots and cause them to become brittle and arc (misfire ) and usually break off when need to remove :(

do you have a pic of what needs to be trimmed? i will be getting a set soon.

I don't have a pic handy, but, it is realy simple. You just need a utility knife to trim. I went a little farther than i had to, just to be safe. If you have a buddy hold the inner fender in place you can see where it will hit.

Hawk02,

I like the MBRP, I do have a rattle, but thats my fault, that I will fix when I install the headers. But the sound is what I wanted, no drone on the freeway, and not overly loud. I did buy the more expensive stainless steel one, cant remember if thats the 409 or 304. But fit well and is well made. They were 2' short, not sure why, but the exhaust on the truck was from "Billy Bob's" corner muffler shop from the previous owner, so not MBRP's fault.
VPRRAM

The 02 wire extenders are included with the kit. With the QC you should just need extension pipes off of the mid pipes to reach the catback portion of the exhaust. If you do have any questions during the install feel free to ask me. I will be more than happy to help. :D

The 02 wire extenders are included with the kit. With the QC you should just need extension pipes off of the mid pipes to reach the catback portion of the exhaust. If you do have any questions during the install feel free to ask me. I will be more than happy to help. :D

Yea i saw the extensions, but I am deleting the front 2 cats, so, doesnt that cause a code to throw?

Yes it will from my understanding. You can delete the rear cats no problem because the cats are after the O2 sensor, that's what I did. The front cats are between the 2 O2 sensors.

do the kits your selling come with the thermal wrap?

do the kits your selling come with the thermal wrap?

Yes they do! You can see them right behind the directions in this pic.

iphone147_zps5a43ce57.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back