Moroso Challenges ARE BACK!!!!

boosted635

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT IS OFFICIAL!!!!!!

We start racing again on the new track begining Saturday October 18th as part of the Ford Power Festival (sorry for the event name guys lol).
Gates open at 9am and we will be running our classes in between the Quick 16 and other events... so we are going to see some great racing between rounds :rock:

Oh shit that friggin great news. I was getting bored running at the 1/8 mile down here. Finally I get to open her up and see how much the new heat exchanger and pump better my times.

See you there Mike.

I have no idea where they will pit us yet with the event happening and the new layout, so just ask at the gate or look around for us.
Make sure Chad and all the "Usual Suspects" know we are good to go again.
I'll start checking in here again and see ya out there Alex :rock:

October Grudge Matches

This is something Jack and I were working on in fun at the end of last season...

Since we have been away from the track for so long, I'm guessing some people have been working on their trucks and want a little revenge from last seasons races lol.

Post up here if you are headed out to the October Moroso Challenge and want to run against someone in particular.
This is meant only for a little extra racing fun at the meet, please keep it friendly:D

How it works...
We usually get two qualifying rounds.
You are set in the challenge field in a ladder based upon r/t, but red lights do not disqualify you.
We will try to get you setup side by side in line during qualifying...... so it will be a heads up (no e/t advantage) - non elimination race! This way it will not effect points or the actual challenge
Keep in mind your r/t DOES still effect your ladder position!

What do you guys think?

P.S. (I'm off limits b/c I will be running truck event operations :p )

boosted635 said:
P.S. (I'm off limits b/c I will be running truck event operations :p )

B.S. Lets line em up Mike!

Got a few things to tidy up on my truck...may be ready by Oct if not Nov. Can't wiat for some cool weather again!:rock:

When is the track open for T&T...did you see the new surface yet?:dontknow:

Rice Eater said:
B.S. Lets line em up Mike!

LMAO... I gotta get a retune for this dang ethanol. Last time out I had to add 10 gals of race gas just to get close to stoich on a pump gas tune.
Also, being the first race again and put in the middle of the Power Fest I want to make sure we run smooth and our guys have a good time. It sometimes blows to do all that running around to the tower and challenge groups plus race. Also, this way I get to hit the beer cooler early :rock:

Not sure about T&T. Will look into it for you guys.
Here is some progress from last month
http://www.floridasfastcars.com/showthread.php?t=23484
Now all the track is done and the return lanes are about complete.

WOW, when I heard they were "redoing" the track, thats not what I pictured.

boosted635 said:
Here is some progress from last month
http://www.floridasfastcars.com/showthread.php?t=23484
Now all the track is done and the return lanes are about complete.

Dang so thats where all the test and tune dollars went!!! Looks awesome can't wait to make my first pass down that new surface....looks like an early christmas present:rock:

I'll PM some of the guys and see if we can't get a few trucks out there....i know we have a few grudge matches to settle!

Walbert...you have to come to this....I'll show you the ropes how these challenge events work...nothin to it...all good fun:rock:

Rice Eater said:
Walbert...you have to come to this....I'll show you the ropes how these challenge events work...nothin to it...all good fun:rock:

Is this a series of races? Is there a schedule yet?

its a series....usually one per month. you don't have to attend them all but they do keep a running points tally. it is bracket racing/dial in so you don't have to be the fastest to win just run what you say your going to run w/ a good RT. I think its about 30 or 35 bucks per event.

Looks like I'll be heading out to Moroso more often. So who is going?

Last edited:
i wont race but i will caravan up and watch ya'll battle it out!!!

might as well do both days!!! show on the 17th (towers) and line'm up on the 18th (moroso). plus it will be good if everyone gets to meet and get something together before we head to moroso.

1. Wes- walbert
2. 6pak - Dennis
3. waterdog (as long is a nice weather )
4. THI- Martin
5. Rice
6. 2ndchance

Last edited:
Walbert - we have a drivers meeting before each round. I'll cover the rules and answer any questions you have in the drivers meetings or you can also feel free to pull me aside, don't be affraid to ask.

You guys that have not been out there yet are going to have a good time. We try to make it like one big family out there :rock:

Also... just FYI!

T&T is back begining Oct 15th.
The deal is T&T will be open on the Wen the 15th and Fri the 17th starting at noon and running until closing time... 10 cars or 100, it does not matter. There will probably not be score boards and / or time slips b/c the new equipment is still being put in.
They are trying to get some rubber down before the Power Festival and want to allow people to get onto the new track for some seat time.

That's only a few days before the 18th and they won't have the score boards or time slips working? That's cutting it close.

blackviper said:
That's only a few days before the 18th and they won't have the score boards or time slips working? That's cutting it close.

Yep.
They hope to get all the new equipment installed and start sorting out the bugs before the 18th, but... most likely they are still going to be in the installation process.
They want T&T racers to know what to expect, or at least expect less and get more. Bless the new management... in the old days you'd just show up and be like WTF :dontknow:

Anyone know who the new managment is? Do they own any other tracks or have any experence with running a track? It should be really interesting to see what they have done, or are doing to the rest of the area. I heard they were going to do new rest rooms, concessions and some other buildings.

OOOPPPSSSS!!!!!!!
(p.s. - Just fyi, I am not the Mike named below lol)

Moroso Motorsports Park in Jupiter will not be open for racing between Oct. 15th-19th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drag strip was scheduled to open on October 15th for it's first night of drag racing. Additionally, the Ford Powerfest and Challenge events were scheduled from Oct. 17th-19th. All these events will be rescheduled shortly.

The reason is because the track will not have electrical power until after that weekend. We are hoping to have the entire facility energized by the end of the month.

This is a minor setback but a good one. Once the track officially opens you will all have one of the best tracks, if not the best in the country right in your back yard. You will have a smooth concrete surface from the time you roll under the tower to the time you turn around at the other end. That's awesome!!!

I will keep you posted as to when the first day of racing will be. Thank you all for your patience during this time of renovation. You will love the results!!!

Mike Clark,
Track Manager

oh come on, why do they need power? Out trucks still have headlights :D

Keep us posted when it gets rescheduled.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back